ZBrushCentral

Frost Zone Breaker mutant

Awesome character.
The colors go really well together, and his tiny legs are great. :slight_smile:

Excellent ! Great style and great render !
I love it !

I like this a lot. Very cool character design.

I love the head. Really really nice sculp!

Really really nice sculpt :+1:

wow it looks alot like the concept might have been drawn from a friend of mines work Kev Crossley seen here http://www.kevcrossley.com/odd/reflection.html

Funny as he also worked on a game called Hurdy Gurdy, is that you Kev?

I wouldn’t have said anything but I am currently working up this piece for him in Zbrush so it rung a little bell in my head.

Clearly it is not the same and I love this one also :smiley:

Thanks again for all the kind words, I really apreciate :D.

Hi, scottleroc! No, I’m not Kev, my real Name is Oliver. The user name Hurdy Gurdy Man just refers to a very cool song by Donovan. The game is called Frost Zone (all updates can be viewed soon on the Frost Zone website). I always do concept sketches before modeling a creature because it usually saves a lot of time (and work) to do that before you start modeling into the blue;), so my initial concept sketches were these:
[sketch.jpg]

[[attach=137631]5.jpg[/attach]]5.jpg

[

]helmet.jpg

Attachments

1.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

really nice detailing there fella :smiley:

Looks like top row in the making me thinks, congrats in advance :+1:

haha
awesome character
he looks menacing and cute at the same time :smiley:

love it, so much power and yet such frailty in those little legs.

t

Indeed, he details are amazing!

How many polys and subd. does it have?

excellent work, agreed , i also vote for top row :smiley:

awesome. really great character and nice details.hope the texturing will be as good. :+1:

I’d like to thank all of you for the rating and the encouraging words!:smiley:
I will post the illustration for the Frost Zone rulebook soon.

Darukin, thanks I like your work as well. Great work on the demonic prince, checked your Cyborg Knight as well, cool character!:+1:

davids, thank you. The Breaker mutant model consists of 8.230912 polys and it’s subdiv 7. I used a lot of subtools though, like i.e. the helmet which is subdiv 8 and 1.179648 polys. Smaller subtools, like teeth or the rings on the helmet are usually kept at subdiv 2 or 3. So the total amount of polys including the pedestal and the stones etc. is around 14.000 000 (so far the Breaker has not been retopoed after I posed him. If done, this would again “save” a lot of polys;)).

Cheers!:slight_smile:

Wow, way cool that monster!

Great design man.

Hello,

I finally finished the Illustration which will be published in the Frost Zone rulebook. Everything was sculpted and rendered in ZBrush, additional coloring and final compositing was done in Photoshop.

zbcthumb1.jpg
[attach=154392]Illu.jpg[/attach]

Attachments

thumb.jpg

This is the scene setup:

[attach=154395]1.jpg[/attach]
[attach=154396]2.jpg[/attach]
[attach=154397]Gear.jpg[/attach]

Attachments

1.jpg

2.jpg

Gear.jpg

Wow, great illustration, I love the way you’ve used PS on top of the Zbrush renders. Great taste, it all works so well together.:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1: