ZBrushCentral

FJTools

Hey DougE!

I am very sorry for getting back to you so late. I actually read your comment when you posted it, but never really found the time to answer you.

First of all, thanks a lot for your reply and for your kind words :)! It really means a lot to me!

Now while I am generally open to requests of all kinds, I fear that what you are asking is not possible (at least I don’t know of a way to color code parts of the default UI).

I guess it could be done via custom made interface pop-ups, but that would be a completely new (and imho quite complex) plugin.

Your mock-up is really cool though and I could definitely see how this could help people to organize their workspace!

When I thought about your idea, I had to think of the XMD plugin though. Have you tried that yet?

It might not be exactly what you want, but I have only heard good things about it.

Hope this helps :)!

It’s time for another update!

I found a some bugs and a few minor incompatibilities with ZBrush 2020 I want to fix.

But this would also be a good time for some quality feedback! So should you have any troubles with the plugin (especially in combination with ZBrush 2020), or ideas on how to improve it:

Please let me know :)!

I’m happy to announce that FJTools 1.5 went live this week!
It comes pack with improvements, new features and supports ZBrush 2019/2020/2021!

You can find it in one of the following stores:

I just released a small hotfix for FJTools!

Changelog:

• Fixed an issue that occurred in ZBrush 2021 when colorizing meshes that had layers in rec mode. Shout out to Sean Forsyth (https://www.artstation.com/sforsyth), who made me aware of this!
  • Added a possibility to adjust the ZRemesher settings, which are used in EasyExtract/EasyRebuild. Thanks to James K (https://www.artstation.com/jamesk1) who suggested this!
  • Fixed a bug that caused issues when using EasyExtract/EasyRebuild on meshes with layers
  • Improved the EasyExtract function to be more precise when used with thin masks

I just pushed a mini patch to 1.5.2, that fixed an issue that occurred in ZBrush 2021.5+ where the color features caused issues when used on Subtools with active layers!

Hey @floon
I want to ask how can you open your web browser and navigate to your website in FJ Tools? Can you guide me how to do that?
Thanks very much!

Time for another small patch!

1.5.3 Changelog:

• Fixed an issue that occurred in ZBrush 2021.7+ where the color features caused issues when used on Subtools with active layers.
  • Added Hide/Show All buttons to the visibility section
  • Added a Clear Mask function to the managing section

@SonBX I’ll send you a PM!

1 Like

Hi,. Im getting a bug oat start up in ZBrush. 2021.7.1 . I downloaded the latest version of FJ from Gumroad. I get this on start up… I also do not se a Modeling section in my version… Screen Shot 2021-09-20 at 9.53.07 PM

Ah hey! Thanks for the report :slight_smile: . I’ll send you a PM so we can figure out what’s going on.

Just a small patch to make everything work again in 2022 :slight_smile:

1.5.4 Changelog:

• Fixed an issue that occurred in ZBrush 2022 where the color features caused issues when used on Subtools with active layers.

Hey folks!

I just released a patch of FJTools to version 1.5.5. The update includes:

• ZBrush 2023 support
  • A fix that should improve competability with 3D Mouses, as well as other Plugins
  • Improved Startup time in rare cases
  • Fixed some typos

Hope you can still put the plugin to good use :)! If you find any new issues, or have ideas for new features, please let me know!

I just released the version 1.5.7!

• Patched the plugin to be compatible with ZBrush 2024.0.1
  • Fixed an issues that caused errors on IOS
  • Fixed Hide All/Show All/ Invert Visibility in the Quick Menu