ZBrushCentral

First time trying a 3D program!! :-)

First of all, very nice work indeed. Very impressive, and the render is very good as well, cartoony and stylized. It’s nice that you got that render from ZBrush.

I think it’s understandable that people are a bit confused by your statement that this is your first ever 3D model on any kind of software.
After you posted the progress on this sculpture, it’s obvious that you went through the stages everyone else is going through when they learn 3D modeling/digital sculpture, but you chose to post the end result only after a long time of studying, iterating, and finishing.

Most people would post that first image, get critiques, move on.
You just pushed through, iterated, reworked it, and after months of work you posted your first “finished” piece.
So I wouldn’t say it’s your “first ever model”, you first ever model was made the first time you stopped working and told yourself “that’s not good at all”.

This is the first time you were ever satisfied with your work, and decided to share it. And that’s the impressive part, by the way. Most people will be far, far less patient than you in sharing their work. They’d just share the mediocre work in progress and move to a new project, and do the same. I’m a sinner in that, as well.

Great sculpt and personally I don’t see what’s that all about your first sculpt or your 100 sculpt. I like it.

Great work man. You’re very stubborn person finishing your very first piece.
Congrats, you’ve done really well.

Well done!

This is a really cool piece Johnny. It’s really neat to see what you’ve done with this sculpt. Keep at it man. Cheers.

This came out really well! You did a great job representing the style you were going for :slight_smile:

This is epic I love it. How long have you been using zbrush as you said as the months grew you got better and better. What month did you start using zbrush I ask cause i have been using zbrush for about 5 months and I am just now getting the hang of things makes me feel like crap sometimes

WOW, your first post and you make something as awesome as this, im still learning the software. Inspirational work.

Hi Guys

Sorry for my inactivity in this thread.

But thank you so much for all the positive comments. That makes me feel very good about finishing that character, instead of just starting over with something else as I got a Little better at Zbrush.

@Stephon972 I think I got Zbrush around Christmas, and from there I spend all my free time just trying to get better. I just studied what other people were doing, and watched all the tutorials I could find.

/Johnny