ZBrushCentral

FiberMesh Hair Testing/Experimentation

Thanks for sharing all your testing and findings! :+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

Ur doing great, ill be visiting ur thread more often now :slight_smile:

Great Tip Thanksā€¦

Thanks for showing all your showing as you experiment. This is great. And helpful!

@piggyson - how did you create the polygroups on the very first page at the top? These look well done and itā€™s a great idea. But, Iā€™m not finding a clearly simple way to do this.

thanks a lot man for the helpful tutorial! this is brilliant!

Nice work !

The workflow is like hairfarm ^^

thanks you very much for this technique ā€¦ helps a lot :slight_smile:

Wanted to quickly add to this thread. I created some video tutorials for Digital-Tutors going over my FiberMesh process for long hair. (It covers the entire process I use from generating the polygroups to brushing the hair.)

Here is a link to the Tutorial:

1.jpg

Thanks!

-Joseph

love the way you use fiber mesh :smiley:
keep posting your tips and tricks they are soo helpful :wink:

Nice!

Any chance this is coming out to a DVD? I donā€™t know what else I would need the Digitial tutors zbrush training for. Also have you experimented much with creating ansitrophic reflection highlights or specular highlights for faking it.

Some of the best looking Fibermesh hair I have seen!

Awesome share mate and congrats for ur mind blowing DT lessons( I saw it last night and today I am late to office:o).

Thanks a lot mate! Everything youā€™ve done was really helpful while I was trying to create a half decent hair for a character. I managed to do that and you helped me quite a lot in the process so thank you, sir! Hope I will see more tutorials coming out from you!

Wow. What a great thread for human Fibermesh. Thanks!

Does anyone know of a similar thread for animal fur? Animal Fibermesh? Iā€™m particularly interested in how to use Layers most effectively with Fibermesh subTools.

~S.~

Joseph, Thank you so much for taking the time to post your work on fibermesh. I too, like Womball, would have happily bought your tutorial, but I canā€™t afford a Digital Tutors subscription right nowā€¦so this information was invaluable for me. Thanks!

Hi, im experimenting with fibermesh, but im not sure which material its better for render it, any ideas? thanks :wink:

Howdy. MonsterMaker uses Toy Plastic a lot. Try that. Hereā€™s his latest Fibermesh thread with tutorial. When he says he uses a lot of layers he means subtools.

http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthread.php?177581-Bringing-back-an-old-friend/page6

~S.~

I actually managed to figure out all the methods you mentioned on the forum at least (on my own through trial and error) before stumbling onto this thread, but I have yet to manage results as good. It really isnā€™t as easy as it looks, and makes me want to be able to use guide curves with fibermesh or something.