ZBrushCentral

Far Cry 4

Great work! In-game versions look very nice and polished.

Wow that’s a gigantic amount of work! Nice models! Thumbs up to u and ur team :wink:

Wow! Thanks for sharing you and your teams work. Beautiful work and one of the sickest games out.

Those gloves man. Those gloves.

fan of FarCry3,4…
good stuff
Thank you brother :+1:

wow! were you the only character artist on the game lol

I admire your work so much ! I’m a big fan of ubisoft :0 I’ve got LOTS of questions to ask since I’m new to gam development industry
I’ve played far cry 3 but never had the chance to play farcry 4
First can you tell us about the process of texturing ?
Also the polycount and maybe post a wire frame of the low poly?
And the hair , that amazing hair some characters hair is actual geometry and not just polygons with transparency right ?
Sorry for being annoying but we have to learn from the masters :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks guys,
@zerafian, lol. no, we had a great bunch of people contributing. I’ve only shown some of the montreal studio stuff too…we had a lot of help.
@tripl3m, the texturing was done a few different ways. A few of us used poly paint as a base, and then refined it in Photoshop or mud box.
the poly count varied from narrative (~40 k tris) to npc/enemies (~20 k tris).
The hair was greater in zbrush using insert mesh strips. It was then cleaned up in max. Our engine used a specific hair shader with alpha and some blurring.

Beautiful works… amazing… :+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:
For texturing apart from Base Zbrush texturing and Mudbox texturing were there any other software used?

@nirmalendu_paul, photoshop too… And thx

Awesome work! Great source for inspiration.
Thanks for sharing.
Could you also share wires in future posts for characters to get an idea about how the ingame models are built…
I am curios mainly about cloaks/coats/hanging cloth pieces that are going to be animated. Are they usually one sided or two sided?

@vivek_shinde, thanks from me and the team. Unfortunately, I currently don’t have access to the lo poly meshes on farcry, because I have move onto rainbow 6. But there are lots good examples of in-game meshes posted online. We tried to have good loops around the joints, and snapped vertices and matching topology on overlapping geometry ( ie a shirt under a jacket). We’d delete what wasn’t seen.
But the animated cloth was always 2 sided meshes.

I shot many of your characters Jason, I’m sorry…

BTW, Nice work dude :wink:

Nice post Jason, awesome job! Thanks Seb for the update with the Royal Guards!

@marco, ha! Yes kill 'em all. Thanks
and simon, np with the post. You, and everyone did a great job!

I absolutely love the art in FC3 and FC4 so much so I often walk everywhere I go and enjoy the view. I wish more games had the same amount of detail which we are getting more of and easier at that. I just wanted to say thank you for your work.

I share the same view as I loved the detailing done in both the games. They have got the realistic effects and designing. I appreciate the great job done.

Ckeck out the acheter witcher 3 .

Thanks for the kind words.

ohh…damn…its my favourite game…thanx for sharing…damn good models…

Hey Jason, thank for sharing.
You and your team did an amazing work! A huge inspiration

I’m playing Far Cry 3 now and is awesome. Can’t wait to play FC4! :+1: