ZBrushCentral

"Eye Texture" Tutorial . . .

Hi Impending . . . :slight_smile:

I really appreciate your addition to this thread. I now remember reading your past post some time ago regarding “Eye Shading” & your right. Proper shading for the eye can make a poor eye texture look very realistic, whereas a great eye texture, without the proper shading can appear as nothing but a flat eye image, pasted to the head. :wink:

I’m going to have to play with your procedures & see if I can grasp what your explaining above. :rolleyes:

Geeezzz, with all the information gathered in this thread, there’s no reason for any future images posted without great & realistic eyes! :slight_smile:

Thanks again & have a good one . . . :cool: Mark.

for what it’s worth…
The cornea, apart from having specular highlights will, even though it is clear, cast its own shadow on the iris. Conversely the cornea will also light a portion of the iris as well. This is very tricky to acheive but it gives the most believable eye

thelonious

First to Kruzr:

The best ideas are the simplest. Very clear, simple way of producing a natural eye texture. I love it!

To the rest who contributed to this thread you’ve made my day! Here’s my take useing Kruzr’s technique and the thoughts of others. I tried the GelShaderA material and I wasn’t happy with what I was getting (could have been the light set up), so I dodged and burned in Photoshop. I’ll keep working on it, though.

Adman

or have other people been having probs getting the x axis to rotate? I try like 15 times and it still comes out flat and the couple times it DOES come out rounded like its supposed to, it’s way too small… how do you resize it? and how do you make the x axis stay rotated?!

That´s a nice tutorial you made there.

Hi.

I’d love to follow this tutorial, but there aren’t any photos on here anymore.

Could you update this please?

THanks!