ZBrushCentral

Exporting HQ seameless normal maps in Zbrush3 without Zmapper Video Tutorial

Texture dropdown menu… “fix texture seam”

LOL… they couldn’t have made it any clearer for us?

Also rendering at a higher res seems to increase that over render as well… I now output larger then my target size, and then drop it down in photoshop.

render to texture is a texture baking technique in Max. I took my model and created uv sets after laying out the uvw. I didn’t collapse the stack after creating the uv sets since they will only be for temporary purposes. After exporting my low res model into Zbrush, hit the frame mode and you will see your models uv sets (or poly groups). You can add as much detail as you wish. Then on export, you can select specific uv sets and import them into Max, piece by piece. This technique eliminates a ton of time on import with the higher res. once that is done, render to texture in max, adjusting your cage accordingly and the texture will be baked onto your lower poly. This is far more accurate along creases in the cheeks, mouth, and the pesky little details we all lose in the ears. Gears of War and Unreal 3 use these techniques for their characters.