ZBrushCentral

Erick Sosa collectible sculptor, new to ZB ( Gallery)

Nice Egon! :+1:

Great stuff man. Awesome Egon! I hope you do the other three ghostbusters too.

Nice! Great work as always!

Hi guys,
I just wanted to share my latest work in progress portrait.
Please be aware that my level of knowledge of Zbrush is extremely lacking.
So far I can do organic elements and thanks to some tips by Paul Gaboury and Brian Wade and David Pereira I have improved a bit more, however it was Ryan Kingslien that introduced me to this magical world… I will forever be grateful to that guy for that.

I have to let you know that I do a lot of work in ZB but due to my little knowledge of the myriad of options the program offers and my limited time I have to hire friends to help me with hard surface objects such as bases, weapons etc. With that said I believe it is time for me to get more serious about learning ZB, and I am on this quest as of now…neddless to say I feel like a kid at a toy store when I see my friends do their magic in Z.

I just recently discovered that I can do better portrait work in ZB than I can in wax…wax demands so much precision and it starins my eyes ad brain lol and there’s no undo button :slight_smile:

I am currently semi retired of the collectibles industry as of last summer and only work for a couple of clients. My main client is Kotobukiya and I handle their Marvel Comics super hero line in 1/6th scale. I just recently acquired a DC Comics, Thundercats ( 80’s), and Street Fighter licenses, to produce 1/6th scale resin model kits produced her ein the U.S. I can’t wait to be able to control the software a lot better and thus go a lot faster. Please check out what I have done in terms of product * shameless plug www.prototypezstudio.com

Now a days most ( some are still sculpted 100% by hand) of the characters I produce are modeled in Zbrush, 3D printed in my machine, molded in silicone, and transferred to wax for further detailing. However with the advent of HD printers and with the help of my friends over at Pixologic I believe my workflow will include Zbrush 100% and lottle to no hand sculpting.
3 years ago I suffered a neck injury due to working way to many hours sculpting manually, 3D sculpting helped me heal and helped me do work a lot faster.

This magical thing we call ZB has opened my mind to a new reality full of better options . I can work smarter, faster, and without as much stress as wax carving or clay sculpting requires of me. Revisions are a lot faster, and that equates to less stress, more time with my 4 children and my wife.

I just want to share my humble work and hope to be able to bring something to the table.
Thank you all for your amazing work, and all the inspiration.

-Erick

Here’s Loxodonthas (Alien creature bust).
I like how you can modify models real quick and explore a countless options, definitely a great creature design tool.
Loxodonthas.jpgLoxodonthas2.jpgLoxodonthas3.jpgLoxodonthas4.jpgLoxodonthas5.jpgLoxodonthas6.jpg

This other bust was done in collaboration with my friend David Pereira for our Creature model kit company www.resincreature.com
This started as a full size character and developed into a bust, this will be an actual product and is being printed next week :slight_smile:
Enjoy!
-Erick
Crimson_corte.jpgCrimson_corte2.jpgCrimson_corte3.jpgCrimson_corte4.jpgCrimson_corte5.jpg

This bust was also a collab with David Pereira, I mostly assisted in the design in ZB, but he did the mechanical leg work as well.
Printed and engineered via Des from Ownage.
Painted by yours truly :slight_smile:
presentation_Cap.jpgpresentation_Cap2.jpgpresentation_Cap3.jpgpresentation_Cap4.jpgpresentation_Cap5.jpgpresentation_Cap6.jpg

This Hulk was done for Kotobukiya.
I had help with the pose from my dear friend Alex Pereira.
This was a fun project to work on indeed.
The image below of the 5 Avengers depicts the 3D painted models. They were all done in ZB.
Enjoy, I think this is enough for now, there’s tons more but I have to get back to sculpting :slight_smile:

HULK_KATSUHITO_HI_RES_2.jpghulk-koto-army.jpgkotobukiya-hulk-classic-avengers-fine-art-statue-01.jpgKotobukiya-Hulk-Classic-Avengers-Fine-Art-Statue-09.jpgnew-koto-hulk-statue.jpg

Very nice work!

Nice job. I enjoyed.

That is a LOT of Hulks!

Nice job, I’d like one of these Hulk

wow Erick, that’s an amazing result for only 10 hours work.

…a guy with your Chops wont have trouble with this Program . Very cool work Erick. Really like the Avengers line up. Always liked your Supes too.

atb --tim

Awesome job Erick!

Thanks guys!
Getting the hang of this Tim, good to see you here :slight_smile:
Thanks David!
Here’s some portrait work I have been doing lately.
BILL_NIGHY_RENDER_3 _SMALL.jpg

DICAPRIO_LUNCH_CRUNCH_small_copy copy copy.jpg

Hi Guys,
Here’s my latest, sorry for the low res images… no time.
Thanks and I am really taking Zbrush more seriously.
This software is a tremendous blessing in my life, I mean it.
Thanks!
-Erick16617_863932570290795_1894995593403223086_n.jpg1239614_863932550290797_7170295579858808160_n.jpg1506566_861619910522061_3092831499610521810_n.jpg

amazing sculpt. Wovlie is one of my favourite characters! Post a better render please, not a photo of your screen

Love Wolvie! Did you and Paul get the skin texture sorted?