ZBrushCentral

Draw:Cameras Batch Renderer

Hello guys!!
I’m trying to script a code for a batch renderer, since I usually have to re render tons of updates and different views for my clients, and that can be a bit repetitive after all.

In fact, I use a method to do it less frustrating: I create an empty ZPR project, I set up the different BPR properties, light setups, etc, I store different cams at Draw:Cameras, and then I save the empty ZPR. So, for each Ztl update, I only must open it in that empty ZPR with properties and start rendering the cameras. Cool, right?

The thing: even with that method, rendering and saving 30 camera BPR for each update can be a nightmare. What I am trying to achieve is a loop that can load each camera, do a BPR, save the combined image into the project folder and make my living easier xD.

What I can’t achieve: I can’t acces automagically to the Camera list. I can do something as [IPress, 14444] or [IPress,Draw:Cameras:Select Camera], but can’t acces to the elements inside the list in a loop without knowing their string names, for example [IPress, loopcount/ firstposition], so then just a [IPress,Draw:Cameras: >>] can go for the next one.

Is there any way to acces the second level WindowID, something as,… don’t know [IPress, 14444.1] ?

I have found other windowIDs or popup’s where I can’t get acces to their second level options, such as ImageExport - Ok/Cancel, where the second ID level is 1 or 2, but can´t make it work.

Thanks in advance

Hi @Akelarre, welcome on ZBC.

Is the camera settings remains the same for each camera ( focal, etc…), if yes then just as an idea, but why not to use the timeline to store all the your 30 cameras just like you did it with your master ZPR file ?

then if you need independent settings for each the best is to use mem block and write them on the disk for easy reloading. and yes it would be better to create your own plugin for that.

about accessing the camera by their name/index, if you can read the answer I just wrote few minutes ago on this thread.

Hope it helps,
Nicolas

Hey Nicolas, thank u so much!

Yup, all cameras share the same settings but position, and I try to be consistent in their naming too, so I can access them by their string name I guess, but I was wondering how to get their number in the array for other pourposes, for example to check the list dimension or the loopcount limit.

Anyway, thank you, storing the cameras in the timeline was my old method until I get to the Draw panel, but maybe I should try that again. If that works, moving the draw:cameras to the timeline will be just an easy step, easier at least than working with dropdowns or mem blocks.

It seems that Jordi and I were thinking on the same issue at the same time, haha!

Thanks again!