Thanks for sharing these breakdowns :+1:

1 Like

Haha, thanks guys :smiley:

Really impressive work! :+1:

1 Like

Great work!

Highly deserving of the TR honors.

Thanks all, appreciating the comments!

Thank-you so very much for taking the time to post these tutorials, as you say, now to start further experimentation! John:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

Your welcome John. Love your work by the way! Slightly shocked to see they burn those sculpts at the end of the festival O_O

In the meantime;
another sculpt, another round of BPR filters. I love these filters! Can’t… get enough…! o_o
Sculpt is still a work in progress

Very impressive! Thank you for sharing your art and tips and tricks with us! :slight_smile:

Two more images of NPR experimentations.
I’m trying to get a nice range of pencil-drawn setups going. First a collage with various filter combinations tried out on some random works

And here my current favorite style. I was trying to get a bit of that Ghibli/Moebius pencil linework happening. And this is where I got it currently (and I’m adding an unfiltered screengrab for comparison):
wormCompare_ThijsDeVries_deVriesArts.jpg
The creature itself still needs a bunch of work, soooo… perhaps I should get to sculpting instead of all this BPR filtering >_<

Great job.

Thanks!

Update on my worm! Still a work in progress, but sculpting is done, but I am still working on the ‘narrative’ element here (or just the pose for this guy). Also I am still tweaking the NPR setup (which honestly have been most of the work for this project >_<) I am quite happy with the look so far, but I find that fibermesh can create a lot of noise, like in the tree branches in the back or on the moss, so I am still hoping to find a way to clean that up a bit without.

Cheers!
T.

Another WIP. Tweaking texturing, coloring and finetuning the crosshatch and outline effects

2 Likes

I’m loving the latest image, you’re really capturing that illustrative feel. That latest guide is great btw, BPR rendering has been a bit of a mystery to me so I’ll be going over your guides at some point to see how it all works. Cheers! We

1 Like