ZBrushCentral

Darth Maul sculpt

thanks for the comments, cheers!

@Moga
The portrait was rendered in zbrush, in perspective mode with a modified angle of view of 20 with align to object option off (I liked the shot a little more flat than the default aov), the full figure render is done with modo with an angle of view of 20, I don’t know if this value has the same properties for those applications!

@Morgaine
I did the saber effect in ps!

@jay-mo
thanks, I’ll post the speeder as I render it :slight_smile:

Update: background.

Rough render and compositing with the background, similar to the final Maul’s fight. I’m trying to insert the speeder in it but it has no sense and light setup is a pain, probably I’ll make a separate render for it.
Backround still needs some love and adjustments.

picture contrast try
dm_steps_v17.jpg

final color mood
dm_steps_v16.jpg

This is great!
Can’t wait to see the finished render!

Maybe the final render is a bit too purple?

Keep up with the good stuff!

@stefanobernardi
Thanks a lot ! Yep, is too purple, the new cold mood should be fine.

Update: new render and final compositing.

table with some shots from zbrush, goz exporting to modo and photoshop.
steps_v03_low.jpg

Attachments

darth_maul_1200x586px_color.jpg

final render and ps compositing
darth_maul_1200x586px_color.jpg

Looks like from the movie! Excellent, i like it, maybe the right hand is too far from the center of the lightsaber.

Great!
Only critic I could say it’s a bit too grainy in my opinion!

Thanks guys!

@Moga
Yes it is, he’s handling the saber like he’s ready to wield it with both hands!

@Stefano
Aye :slight_smile: The 300’s overnoise had some influences on this :stuck_out_tongue:

I did a Maul when the movie came out, you got a great likeness, one thing i can see. not looked how old this thread is , anyway. the hand holding the saber needs to be tighter.
it looks like a very loose grip. tighten it up so it looks like a good hard grip to make more dynamic. Also i personally think his boots are too
tall. as in from the soul to the upper they look to thick. he aint herman munster lol remember maul is uber sith, flipping all over the place, he would have a hard time
bopping around with those boots on. 1 more thing i think your creases need to be tighter, his clothes look like they would weigh a ton and be real hard to move in.
imagine nice thin cotton and leather. yours looks like carpet. haha cant really think of a heavy thick material but hope you know what i mean.
all just minor points that may help sell the piece a little more. im gona look how old thread is now. i bet its a zombie and about 7 years old.

Yep lol… what a plonka :lol:

As a huge StarWars nerd i have to say that i realy like it! Maul is one of my favorite characters, well done sir!