ZBrushCentral

Dan McKim Sketchbook

I just watched Hook recently, great job on that one and the others :slight_smile:

Going to finish up the sculpt tonight for sure. Just working on the hair some more and putting the final touches on here and there. Then on to making a good render and presentation shot.
[attach=182447]FightClub9.jpg[/attach]
[attach=182448]FightClub8.jpg[/attach]

Attachments

FightClub9.jpg

FightClub8.jpg

great model

only crit is i wish you would model out his whole body.
he looks excellent finish it out good luck

Wonderful, you really feel the personality. But if I may ask, how did u model the clothes? In another package? If so How high rez did you go with it before you brought into zbrush

Thanks for the comments guys.

royMunson: I’m not able to model the whole body. This is for cghub’s bust a move challenge. It only calls for a torso bust. You should check it out if you haven’t yet. I like your celeb likenesses btw

Doggy 7: As you can see I don’t model too high in maya. One thing that I make sure to do though on something like this is to give the edges, at least whatever is going to show, some thickness. This helps give it weight so it doesnt look paper thin on the edges. I always delete what is not going to show as thin double sided geometry can be troublesome in zb. I also seperate the arms and collars into polygroups to make it more managable.
FightClub10.jpg

thanks bud well good luck did not realize it was a challenge im sure you will do well

That’s Brad Pitt? Forgive me if I got that wrong. Or is it Mark Valley, it looks exactly like Mark Valley.

[attach=182465]mark.jpg[/attach]

Whoever it is, it is absolutely fantastic! :+1:

Attachments

mark.jpg

Thank you

Just awesome! the expression the pose, THE CLOTHES!:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

It looks good, and I can tell its supposed to be Brad Pitt. I just think the mouth needs a bit of work but your really close. :+1:

this one looks great. i really like how you come up with his clothes. and yes i would say it’s definitly brad but you could work on it to get it 100% right.

Nice work.
I like the detailing on the face area.
Cloths need some more fine details. I think those can be in diffuse.

CHEERS

awesome model! reminds me a lot of tyler durden from my favorite film!
maybe the expression could be a little bit more nihilistic or somethin like that.

anywhay, very nice progress!

Thanks everyone for the compliments and crits. Yes there were some things that were a little off in the face and I hope I worked them out. Aberrant was definitely right about the mouth. I think it looks a lot better now. Here are my final submissions for the competition.
[TylerDurdenCloseup_DanMcKim.jpg]TylerDurden3View_DanMcKim.jpg

“Man, I see in Fight Club the strongest and smartest men who’ve ever lived. I see all this potential, and I see it squandered. God damn it, an entire generation pumping gas, waiting tables — slaves with white collars. Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate so we can buy **** we don’t need. We’re the middle children of history, man. No purpose or place. We have no Great War. No Great Depression. Our great war is a spiritual war. Our great depression is our lives. We’ve all been raised on television to believe that one day we’d all be millionaires, and movie gods, and rock stars, but we won’t. We’re slowly learning that fact. And we’re very, very pissed off”

[attach=182965]fight_club_020.jpg[/attach]

Attachments

fight_club_020.jpg

I like this is awesome

Hey All, been a long time since I’ve posted on here. A lot has happened in the last few months. I got laid off of my FT studio job of almost 2 years so now I’m job hunting hard. Trying to pick up freelance in the mean time to pay the bills. Just posting an update of some of the work I’ve been doing lately. Any leads or job offers would be greatly appreciated.
DanMcKimEdgarPresentation.jpg

Attachments

DanMcKimBatmobileFront.jpg

DanMcKimBatmobileRear.jpg

DanMcKim_LegendofArad1.jpg

DanMcKim_LegendofArad5.jpg

DanMcKim_LegendofArad5.jpg

good luck with the job hunt i dont think you will have any trouble your stuff is awesome I especially like the batmobile even if it doesnt really belong in a zb forum

All hail Fight Club!

I was gonna sculpt Tyler but I guess you beat me to the chase! … and a while ago too :stuck_out_tongue:

Sweet stuff you got!

sweet models!, and yeah… that batmobile is really cool.