ZBrushCentral

Custom Shortcuts and UI Menus Don't Always Load

Hi there folks,
For as long as I can remember, Zbrush doesn’t seem to always load my custom shortcuts and UI menus on startup. I would say it’s about 50/50. Sometimes it loads them fine, sometimes not. It drives me insane.

A restart solves the issue, but it is very irrirating.

Is there something I am doing wrong that could solve this?

Thank you.

Hi @Prophecies

Bear in mind some functions in the program are context sensitive, and will not become active until you meet the conditions for them to appear. For instance, if you don’t have a 3d mesh in edit mode, many functions related to mesh editing will not appear. Likewise, if you have custom brushes installed on an interface, these will not show up unless the brush in question has been loaded into ZBrush.

If this is a UI that has been created in a previous (year) version, it should probably be discarded and re-created in the current version. UIs created in older versions may reference functions or content that has changed, leading to glitches and even possible program instability.

If you don’t believe any of the above applies to your issue, you should head over to Pixologic Support, and start a conversation there.

Thank You!

The one I’ve been working on for about 8 years now seems to load fine as long as a Project file is loaded(opened).