ZBrushCentral

Crits n Grits - the starts of a gallery...hopefully

When did I become a senior member? … that’s weird, but I feel kinda special now :slight_smile: … maybe it should read senile member :smiley:

After learning a fair bit about workflow from what I did wrong with the rockface doodle, I’m contemplating doing it properly, with some forethought, a prelim sketch and everything this time (i’m so lazy:o)
Layered in the bits from the first doodle that worked for me, and worked round that… a bit rough and ready, but starting to work
Probably want to bring some colour into the foreground, and squeeze a mountain goat (figuratively speaking) into the fore-shadows bottom right

‘Pilgrimage’ sketch in Paint Stop

Point, your suggestion about a tree in the foreground was a good one; I think I need to go much bolder with it than what i’ve done here … (but need to stop for the evening and walk around a bit!!!)Buddha - New Rough.jpg

Attachments

Buddha - New Rough.jpg

Great, you could switch the foreground tree so that the roots are growing towards and into the hole, and put a rock ledge in the bottom left corner that we are standing on to view the scene. I like the new statue, even though the shoulders are drawn up which is the opposite of relaxed, it has a more mystical appearance. Maybe some prayer flags along the fence line.

One final update on the concept.
May try the sculpt again when I get my scary new machine and zb3.5… eeep, can’t wait!!! :laughing:

Ditto on 3.5. I like the frailty that you captured in the flags they always appear so tissue paper like in those documentary shots and yet they survive all that wind, I suspect you may have slipped a few local supporter flags in there. The archway is great it seems as though it is almost on the vanishing point and has created a strong vertical line through that section, dividing the piece in half somehow. I was admiring the effect and imagining the monk was walking away from just installing a new rope for prayer flags, and then thought what if he had been sitting in the lotus position on the edge by the new rope, reflecting the attitude of the Buddha, must be cold in that robe.

Looking foward to more.

P.s. What is the machine specs you are getting.

Hey Point :slight_smile:

Am getting an i7 8core running at 3ghz, 12gb of ram, an nvidia gtx295 with 1.768gb of vid ram, and a 1200w power supply so I can sli a second card later on! Not the best money can buy, but nice enough to start doing some decent work with zb3.5 … hopefully :slight_smile:

Eeeep; what if the reason they haven’t released is because for all their optimising it’s simply too slow on mere mortal machines! :slight_smile: …wets his pants!

Great works here!
I remain tuned!

Hehe, do you need a license to fly that, or do you just bolt it straight to the floor. When you say sli another card are you referring to another nvidia card.

I have to buy a new extension to put it in.
Yep, I will eventually put a 2nd gtx295 in there, once i recover from the shock of forking out for this lot!

Been doing a texturing tutorial and thought I'd take what i've learned and do my old man charicature. Have to work on the eyes, eyebrows, teeth and hair, but keep running out of memory...

Added some quick bra & baby-doll-dress straps in PS because he seems like the type :slight_smile:

‘Boys Just Wanna Have Fun’ (WIP)
Old Man 3.jpg

Nother quick paintstop doodle…
‘Cooling Off’

Hey RawSunlight, you have a really cool sketchbook! I think my favourite is the one with the mountain and the tree, but I also love the last one. Great job! :slight_smile:

wow… cooling off is really cool…
nice stuff
waiting to see more

Great new stuff Herman! I’m a total fan! :+1:

The Giraud-Williams Space art reminded me of something so I made a ZBrush Fractal of it - I like your Giraud-Williams Space:)

![zbrush fractal.jpg|1012x787](upload://m53oVbiI1aZX0qP2bCh288hnnXd.jpeg)

That’s cool Spaceman, very… transcendental. It’s even more trippy than the original…might have to try that with some of the other ones.
Really like the negative space created in the middle, it seems to have some strange importance

You’ll have to tell me how you did a zbrush fractal?! :slight_smile:
I bought a copy of Twisted Brush ages ago that had a 8point & 12point kaleidoscope filter… my guess is that would be pretty way out too :slight_smile:
And a very old version of Kai’s power tools had a vortex tiling filter too, but that might be bending the space-time continuum one quantum step too far :slight_smile:
Thanks for your take on it, buddy :slight_smile:
H

Some time back talk was started on the boards about creating a fractal plugin like Xenodream for ZBrush (or ask the dev to make a plugin taht would work with Zb and convert to OBJs to ZTLs} - I still think a plugin like Xenodream would be cool with ZB
Xenodream (some images created by the program)
http://www.xenodream.com/guestgal2p9.htm
http://www.xenodream.com/guestgal1p7.htm
http://www.xenodream.com/guestgal2p8.htm
http://www.xenodream.com/guestgal2p4.htm
and this one would be cool in ZBrush
http://www.xenodream.com/guestgal2p12.htm

I digress,
To create a ZBrush Fractal you need a graphics program that does the following to your Zbrush image

1. copy the image and paste as a new file then mirror
  2. using the same image again paste as a new file and flip
  3. copy the flip in step 2 and mirror
    you should have 4 files now
  4. Now create a new file big enough to hold the four image
  5. Then copy and paste each image in order into the new file
  6. If have Grid aline them up and flatten and save file
    A ZBrush Fratal:)

Great concept on Buddha!!!
Love the oldman too :+1:

@SpaceMan: thank you for sharing !!!

WIP in need of feedback - are they just too weird???

this is the beast of burden for the alien rider below... only really started to get some -head and 1st set of shoulders detailed- when doubt started to creep in (not least because my lovely wife said, 'what is it', and i had to do way too much explaining!!! ;) <!--[attach=161544]ZBdoc5.jpg[/attach]--> Anatomy is still a little unsettled; trying to work out how an one-eyed, 8 thumbs-for-legs physiognomy works is quite a bit more challenging than my inital b&w sketch made me believe :) It will have a large quirky shaped saddle along with the saddle bags. A roughed out from-zsphere'd wip of the alien rider, testing form <!--[attach=162231]ZBDoc22.jpg[/attach]--> Put together a hideously rough composition; beasts of burden to be grazing on the ground plants. Was to be looking down from a vertiginously high view point at a patchwork of rice-paddy-like terraces and strange giant plants, but i couldn't get the sketch to look decent in a zb render...only been using zb for a couple of months and feel like i've completely overstretched myself! <!--[attach=162325]Alien Rider.jpg[/attach]--> All the individual bits are strange & alien but (maybe) just about believable, but I'm starting to suspect that putting them all together in one piecemay be beyond my ability to make work... to remain positive, i have to believe that once the doc is laid out, I can hopefully photoshop it till it works, but I'd really hoped to do as much in zb as I can![ZBdoc5.jpg|1100x840](upload://2SnxMHPIDZz7yQpEJiOryeXeEZI.jpeg)![ZBDoc22.jpg|1100x840](upload://iKKnwEY1X6Qc47A2LVE4eqBfPU4.jpeg)![Alien Rider.jpg|1100x840](upload://iPw0gvNqd80qwhI7mOir7U9Ntss.jpeg)

Attachments

ZBdoc5.jpg

ZBDoc22.jpg

Alien Rider.jpg

btw he will be clothed, but one nightmare task at a time, eh… :slight_smile:

really like the plants in the last composition pic, great stuff.