ZBrushCentral

Crazy Horse Sketchbook 2011

Hey!

Dman3d : Cheers, glad you like’em!

michalis : Thanks! Im following your thread and enjoying every moment of it!

SpiritDreamer : I’m happy You revisited! :wink:

Hope to update soon!

Peace

Do you have any videos of your work? The amount of detail is phenomenal. I’d also like to see the base mesh you’re working with. Hope you keep posting!

Shrimpcat : Thanks! glad you like them. Sorry no I have no videos:cry: Not sure how to do that but I will look into it. the base mesh was my own untill a few weeks ago I started using the bust mesh posted by Bryan Wynia. It is a great speed sculpt mesh! most creatures are created from zspheres and retopologised when needed. When it comes to full figures I have created my own base meshes for female and male bodies, I have both lowres and hires versions depending on my needs. I can post some images of them if you want!

below is the link to the mesh provided by Bryan Wynia:)

https://rapidshare.com/files/438013961/bust_long.ZTL

Peace

Hi all!

long time without any posts, thought I would update you on my undead buccaneer. I will revisit this guy once I’m more familiar with the new render features but at the moment I’m just sick of this guy and just want to move on to something else.

well, hope you enjoy the image.

ohh! and I just need to say that I love the new ZBrush:D

Peace

buccaneer_mix.jpg

arrrr!! great sculpt man!

Great expression!:+1:

Hey!

Thanks guys! I’m glad you like it.:wink:

One more render, different angel.

Peace

Buccaneer_01.jpg

that’s really fun! good job :slight_smile:

Hey!

Got bored the other night and got to playing with dynamesh (a beautiful thing dynamesh). I have 4 comicbook heros that I love, wolverine beeing one so I’m going to start with him. Never liked the tights wolverine so I’m going for the biker version. anyway… the body is all dynamesh from a sphere, the hair and eyes are subtools. Enjoy;)

Peace

wolverine_01.jpg

so its been a long time since I posted in my sketchbook.

started a skull study, very wip but thought I should dust off my anatomy skills.

Posed Wolverine, this is probably as far as I will take him, unless I get bored and decide to paint him:)

wolverine_05.jpg

and this is for a bigger project, Cavalry horse and rider. Early wip!
Cavalry_Horse_00.jpg
Rider_00.jpg

Peace

Great start on the horse and the cavalry soilder below it on the privious page in here…:+1:small_orange_diamond:)

http://images.search.yahoo.com/search/images;_ylt=A0oG7iLUlrVOX1gAy6NXNyoA?p=remington artist&fr2=piv-web

Reminds me of Frederick Remington…I was looking at his works in a book the other day while visiting the library where I live, and was thinking of doing a study of one of his drawings…He did some great action stuff…full of life and energy…:slight_smile:
Anyway…good luck with your piece…it’s off to a great start already…:+1:
Great job on that skull also…:+1:

Hi SpiritDreamer!

Thank you, I’m really happy you like it. It is funny that you would mention Remington, he is one of my favorit artists and I use his books as reference for this project:)
Few has the ability as he did to paint and sculpt horses so beautifully and to capture their movement so perfectly.

Peace

are you the same crazy horse from SHH?
didnt know you were this good.

Hi all!

Pabgo: I’m happy you like it! No I’m not the same Crazy Horse I think, I don’t even know what SHH is, what does it stand for?

I like to share some work that I used Zbrush for, pocket book cover made for the swedish market. The head was sculpted, painted and rendered in ZBrush vs4, before the latest awsome update.
I whish I had R2 when I did this, the renderpases was then composited in photoshop. hope you like it.

Peace
Horn_Pocket_Print_Final.jpg

That’s a beautiful cover, Crazy Horse: A great use for ZBrush.

I think this is the tenth time I have re-subscribed to your thread… ZBC is a weird thing and does this a lot at least to me.
I love your work if I haven’t told you that already and now that I am subscribed AGAIN maybe I can keep up with it!

Cheers!
Mealea

Long time since last post…

Hey Mealea! I’m happy you stoped by:)

haven’t had much time to do my own stuff, but here are some wips…

two portfolio illustrations I’m working on.

test_render.jpg

test_render_.jpg

Faune head study… for a project I’m working on.

ZBrush Document.jpg

Critt and comments are always welcome:)

Peace

really cool work on your latest portfolio work, those two illustration characters are looking sweat!:+1:
Really like the idea behing it and armour of both is just perfect, not too much and not too less!
Definently keep it up, looking forward to the end result! I suppose the last one is going to be a dear or something?
Cheers,

• Kenny:)

Hi Kenny! thanks for droping by, happy you like it. The last one is not a deer, but you are right that he looks like one. It is a Faune or satyre like Pan and I did use references of a deer:) here is one render with teeth!

ZBrush Document01.jpg

Peace

looks nice mate :smiley: