ZBrushCentral

Comics anyone?

Some updateing to my shader. At a point I turned Specularity all the way up, managed depth and some nice subtlety. I have enclosed some changes to my settings as well in some images to help others. P6.jpg

Attachments

P1.jpg

P2.jpg

P3.jpg

P4.jpg

P5.jpg

A little more control and detail with fadeding into the background.

Ok, now I’m pretty happy - time to start experimenting with textures.

P4.jpg

Attachments

p1.jpg

P2.jpg

P3.jpg

Here is something completely out of context - I really like the versatility of this material. Even if it has a few things I will still alter. :smiley:

P5.jpg

Wow, Jason, a thread for Cartoonists! You’ve got a really nice effect going here! I tried this in Z1.55, but didn’t have the cavity settings, that helps. I’m going to have to play around with this. 50. (And yes,…we should never stop being kids.) :smiley:

…have you seen this thread ? :rolleyes:
Pilou

I have seen that stuff Frenchy, it was one of the things that got me to thinking. 50s_kid also pointed me back to his great sketch stuff. The problem I saw with those was control, although Southern had some pretty cool effects. I just realized that some of the new features in Z2 allowed me to transfer some of the concepts I’ve used in Maya and various Renderman style render apps. This material is far from finished, but the ‘Marvel’ look is present. :slight_smile:

Here is what you can get with just ONE light.

P30.jpg

This is something I thought looked kewl as hell JB. This is what I was talking about with using your hotspot light settings and the Bump Viewer Material. Shadows on and best render …This is a model I started working on an hour ago and was getting ready to texture it and wanted to see what your mats and lights looked like with it…the BV mat and lighting gave the kewlest result…so I thought I would share it with you and the other members. Kewl thread…and popular too apparently :slight_smile: thnx
Ron

Oct22BonierDude1bumpviewerwithJBlights1j.jpg

that would be perfect for one of those silly plastic pumpkin things you give your kids to collect their candy. hell it would be perfect for a regular carved pumpkin too…geez it would be kinda cool to maybe to simulate sss in skin…dang it now I am gonna be sidetracked again!!

cool look, ron.

that material is coming along quite nicely Jason!

OK - onto real work. Here is why I originally got into this idea. I wanted to see how an object/character looked as I worked through. So starting from Zspheres and working with front/side/back views I wanted to model a character and see how he would look as if I was drawing him.

So for this test - Dirk the Daring from the great Don Bleuth (and staff) as a base test. You all know who Dirk is don’t you???

P41.jpg

Attachments

P40.jpg

P50.jpg

P51.jpg

P52.jpg

Yes! sweet game…and nice drawing Jason. Any plans for him?:wink:

Ron that is a great approximation of SSS in ZB pretty cool. Would you please render a hand or some other object using your light/material setup? It would be great to see the result. Thanks -B

Hey sirquadalot, just download the lights and the material from this thread. I posted them awhile ago. Lets see what you come up with. :lol:

Awesome materials and works guys! :+1: Ron, really cool render! :+1: :smiley: Don’t ask me why but it sort of reminds me of a lava lamp. :stuck_out_tongue:

Matt :slight_smile:

I never seem to have enough time to play, but here is how my variation of Dirk is coming along - exploiting th new toon Material.

P70.jpg

This single pose is utilizing a GI light, to see the difference.

Attachments

P60.jpg

OK - Toon Material update.

I have broken it apart, modified it more to what I want, you may differ and can play until you drool.

S1 of the materail is for blending, have fun.

S2 is is the outline and detail.

S3 is the Diffuse and inner line shading (turn this last part (cavity) off if you like).

S4 is Specularity, lower this value and the hard edge highlihts drop off.

I enjoy seeing what it looks like on everyone’s various works.

Here is a test… I’ve also enclosed my lights for apple to apple reference.

All the best, :smiley:

_toon.jpg

The material and light setup are just superb to me¡¡
I made a test in topic “Head exercise for Sunday”.
Thanks for share
Andreseloy

Hi Jason, thanks again for the shader.

I have test it and render (with a few changes in the material and only one light) this image.

rendersize 1200x1600>>AAHalf

Ralf Stumpf

ToonTest02.jpg

That came out very cool indeed.

Thank you Stumpf! This will help in further mods.

Just thought I’d post something nearing success in mapping Zbrush capabilities to REYES shaders (in this instance Pixie).

All modeling, textures in Zbrush, into Maya, exported through Liquid and rendered in Pixie.

Attachments

Picture 27.jpg

Picture 29.jpg

Wow. Looks much better than my shader that I’d been trying to pull off. I’ll have to steal some of yours. Heheh. Plus I need to mess more with my lights and shadows and see if I cant get ZB to cast toony shadows as well.

birdinhand.jpg