ZBrushCentral

Comicon Challenge 2010 - Winners!

yeah, steel is also absolutely missing here. seriously, nothing against the winners. they did terrific work, but I’d realyl like to know what the actual criteria for the final decision was.

especially Catwoman and Batman… so good

Gotta say the batman deserved the first place, or even second…just as others mentioned, all of them are great, GREAT works but, theres something i dont understand about what criteria made the judges give the prizes the way they did…:confused: congrats to the winners anyways…:wink:

My favorite is the Batman.

I’m not understanding the rules of this challenge I guess… a fairly simple (though cute) real-time character with jagged edges gets First Place? Someone enlighten me.

Also finding myself a bit puzzled about the decisions. Absolutely no doubting the ability and technical skill of the winners, the standard is incredible, I guess I was expecting a bit more humour, a bit more pathos, a bit more frailty or vulnerability. Like the Batman, I guess.

Something the rest of us broken down old farts could identify with.

Still, amazing work, congratulations winners and all who took part.

nevermind :slight_smile:

eric and slapshot… this is actually a game artisans challenge. the contestants were making normal mapped game characters based off of comic book characters. it was a concept and technique challenge… realism wasnt part of the contest… overall design was. that is why “link” won. Because he was flawless and spot on in representing a rebooted high rez character. hes blocky because thats part of the legend of zelda style. doesnt make it less complex. infact, that model is of the highest degree of artistry. in my opinion, you could restyle an entire zelda sequal off of that one model and it would fly. slapshot, im not sure game artisans deals heavily with pathos. hehe. :smiley:

Amazing works…and congrats to all! Wonderful entries!

very nice entries. I enjoyed them all. Congrats to all the finalists. :+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

Why is this place turning into a Troll Cave? Damien’s model’s great and definitely deserving of the first prize - just be happy for him instead of constantly complaining. There’s always going to be other things you might like but let’s just respect the opinion of the judges and move on. The competition was meant to be fun and good practice. Personally I think it’s rude pointing fingers like some of you guys do.

Also as mjolnir noticed it was a game art competition and there was also another criterion - age change, which Damien’s character represents particularly well.

Congrats to all who finished, it was fun and let’s do it again next year :+1:

Magdalena - while there is certainly some trolling going on around here recently, I don’t think it’s so bad in this case. almost nobody said the winners are not justified and some only mentioned what their picks would have been which is just natural when people follow a challenge. some -including myself - had nothing against the winners at all, but just wondered why certain characters didn’t make it at all to the top.
Also -maybe not everyone really took into consideration that it’s a game model challenge which by its nature makes very clear why Old link would be a first pick.
after all it’s a public challenge and to a certain degree it is the nature of the beast and to be expected that the ‘public’ does express feelings and opinions after the result is announced.

either way though - the main chorus was still congratulations to those who made it.

contrasts to all the winner’s !!!

well deserve !!! each piece is incredible :+1:

congratulations great work

LOL at the metal banners on Lobo. :laughing: I found this to be quite hilarious. LOBO IS FOR METALHEADS!!! YAAARRRRG!!! :+1:

:smiley: Congratulation!! :+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

I can see why Old Man Link took the prize and I think it’s a bad ass interpretation that begs to be put into a game…but batman is my favorite.

Some really nice works there. Congrats too all of you.

i say the hitgirl should’ve won because of total awesomeness…

i don’t really see what’s so special abput link…but well…

LOL. pretty funny comments in here. dont know why you guys are “hatin” on damien. that guy is one of the best artist out there…

i would’ve personally voted either batman or storm as the 1st place winning entries.

But congrats to all who participated, a job well done!