ZBrushCentral

City Generator Ver 1.00

WingedOne a few questions, etc

I changed all the building models in the file with some ztools I have and the polygcount when going to make polymesh was 800,000,000+:lol: - I then replaced the org buldings and exchanged one of them with one of my ztools and the make polymesh count was 80,000,000+ ------- what is the polycount of the models in your files? How in ZBrush can I get a polycount of a ztool?

A note on the lightpost - you use one model can you have four instead of one?

What does the seed do in the plugin?

When making the plugin did you make a city block (just one city block) plugin?

A note on the block shape can that be changed to have shapes like circles, etc?

yoogy
cool image :slight_smile: how did you do it?

:b2:

You can get a polycount of a ztool by hovering your cursor over the picture of your tool in the tool pallette.

I wouldn’t recommend using a building with a polycount of more than 2,500 polygons. That would give you a city with a little over 1,210,000 polygons. I made sure the custom buildings I made were pretty low-poly.

If you change the number, it causes the random number generator to generate different numbers, so, in the case of the city using the custom objects, different buildings would be placed in different locations and at different rotations. That’s so if you need to generate more than 1 file, they don’t all look exactly alike.

The ZScript generates a low-res cube for the sidewalks, if that’s what your asking.

I suppose I could make it so the ZScript loads in a custom object for the sidewalk, so that way you can make your own style of object for the sidewalk.

That would be cool! I’m running through your script wright now. Pretty sweet.:cool:

This would be a cool zscript for ZBrush 3.5r2

nice works !!!

hi, hopefully WingedOne will update this, but for the time being i fixed the few errors that i could with my limited knowledge.
Note: it will only build the models and/or load the files, the “futuristic city” was removed cause it caused a crash(part of the button still remains though).
i really didn’t want to fix the texture or material issues so i just removed them.

This is for 3.5r3.
WARNING! sometimes it would lock up zbrush so be careful to save whatever else you were doing first.