ZBrushCentral

christopher reeve / superman

Just an screen grab of the cape.

Cheers.

[attach=62412]capa.jpg[/attach]

Attachments

capa.jpg

i absolutely LOVE the model. very very inspired and impressed, and i hate to crit things which are clearly better than i myself am capable of, but thats what these forums are partly here for right?

to me, the bit which i keep staring at is his chin/throat area. i realise his is tilting his head downwards, but i cant help but think that heā€™s ā€˜lostā€™ some of his throat! almost like his adams apple has been glued to part of his lower jawbone. then again, im really skinny and so i have a natural ā€˜curveā€™ from my throat to my chin, its probably supes muscular frame which is making me feel inferior and forcing me to critique an otherwise flawless model.

:slight_smile:

Hi, an amazing instantly recognizable likeness!! You gotta love that hair. Also excellent work on making him a damn site more muscley. I always felt superman in the films (new and old) looked like he couldnā€™t knock the skin off a rice pudding. Your version puts them to shame!!! Amazing work!

I think the model is great ā€¦
Only crit i have is his ā€¦errrrā€¦ā€œpackageā€

Kinda looks like a woman down in his most manly region ā€¦
If you get what i mean :wink:

Great model though

did you texture him directly in zbrush? what was your process for textures?

Now- that is a much better render. Its a bit stylized- but I think you have to go there to allow for the fact it isnā€™t live actionā€¦ the other render seems more realistic but not as appealing. One critique- his hair makes him look like he has a cone head. I didnā€™t spot this before because there was less contrast in that region. Its probably physically correct- but the angle just makes it look funny. That said- with a few tweaks, I hope this gets top row.

Great job
Craig

wow

deep_set: Hi, you can crit as much as you want. you are right that is what is this for :slight_smile: I guess I little touches on the neck would make it look better, Thanks man!

Chris Curtis:
Thanks a lot! That is why I did it more muscular, it seems that the ones for movies had to be an average anatomy structure to make it look fine to everybody taste, but I think superman has to be strong.

mrpeculiar:
Thanks dude, I know what you mean :slight_smile: a little bit more of would be better for sure :slight_smile:

ConceptGuy: I did the texture using a camera projection for several angles on Max. I had use the displacement map as guide to fit the textures on the right place.

comic_craig:
Thanks! I saw that as well, but I saw it when it was finished, It is physically correct, I have over paint it a little bit. Thanks for the advise :wink:

Aanthanur: Cheers :slight_smile:

Thanks everyone!

Munozvelazquez

I grew up on christopher Reeve Superman Movies so I really like this. Even though it is fantasticā€¦ I do not remember himbeing so muscular. Even though it isnā€™t exactly like him it is a wonderful model. Great work.

darrickpister: Thanks a lot! I grow up with his movies as well :slight_smile:

Cheers,

David

David, I think you nailed it! This model is just how I picture Superman in my mind. You have done a wonderful work, and thank you for sharing. :+1:

holy **** dude. i dont know what to say.:eek: :eek:

Hi! thanks a lot! Is a pleasure to share it!
I had no luck with the printing sculpture, I hope some day I can have one :slight_smile:

Regards,

Munozvelazquez.

GREAT JOB!

I love your Superman. I really do.

I just have one small comment. I even feel weird saying this,ā€¦But you need to help him out in the private area, it kinda looks like a female or heā€™s just Super little. ā€œI say this with up most respect.ā€ Other then that, Once againā€¦

ā€¦GREAT JOB!

cas

CAS NYC: Thanks man! I know what you mean, is not that super after all :smiley:

Regards,

Munozvelazquez

my congratulations to the wonderful and exciting work, the part where he looks up, what a perfection! Iā€™m a big fan of Christopher Reeve, would you have this stl file to print to the 3d printer? It would be a great achievement.