ZBrushCentral

ChibiBot - 3D Rapid Prototyping & 3D Printing

Project: 3D Rapid Prototyping / 3D Printing

Project Title: ChibiBot

Music: Adrian Azadvaten – Tribute to ChibiBot

Dear ZBrush Central Community,

A short and cute 3D Printing prototype based on the FDM – Fused Deposition Modeling method back from the year 2015.

The purpose was to design a 3D printed character who could hold my Wacom pen. Originally, I wanted to create a full production asset for animation purposes and lecturing practice.

The Character Design was done in ZBrush and exported as a .STL format for final 3D printing. The several pieces were layouted in Cura. I was quite satisfied with the 3D printing results and the maintained details from the original sculpt. I always wanted to step deeper into the 3D Printing process, especially into the Stereolithography (SLA) method.

Rest in peace ChibiBot but you will get an upgrade in the virtual world for sure!

ChibiBot: Oh mai…Sensei…nandata!?.. Massaka!

You can watch the Making Of under following Instagram Videolink:
ChibiBot - 3D Rapid Prototyping & 3D Printing

Hope you like it and thanks for watching!

ChibiBot_02
ChibiBot_03
ChibiBot_04
ChibiBot_05
ChibiBot_06
ChibiBot_07
ChibiBot_08
ChibiBot_09
ChibiBot_10
ChibiBot_11

ChibiBot_13
ChibiBot_14
ChibiBot_15
ChibiBot_16
ChibiBot_17
ChibiBot_18
ChibiBot_19
ChibiBot_20

Hi everyone) I really like the idea of making a small copy of myself) do you think it’s expensive?

How much did it cost for you? How long it produced?

You know, this is a very cool advertising - to design a 3D printed character, who could hold Wacom pen. I didn’t know about 3D printing or prototyping until my friend invited me to some interesting project. Our task was to develop and test new medical equipment. Unfortunately, everyone refused to produce some parts, explaining that it was not profitable to produce only two copies. Our project did not need money, but we just could not find those, who would agree to make that necessary parts. Then we found guys 3erpcom who are engaged in rapid prototyping. The greater advantage is the ability to produce the necessary parts in a short time regardless of how many copies you need. Prototyping saves you time and money, and you get excellent results.

3erp.com