ZBrushCentral

-Bull- Modle practice with Zbrush

wow great start there man!!

I have a couple questions, I am assuming both textured and untextured renders are rendered in Brazil, and that you are using a low res cage mesh w/ a displacement map, if this is true do you feel that you are getting a faithfull representation of your Z sculpt with Brazil rendering via displacement mapping

I ask because I have strived and strived to accuratley reproduce my Z sculpts with displacement maps during rendering and can only seem to get about 90 percent of the way there, I am using Turtle and mental ray for my tests, it seems that on things like legs or other things that are cylindrical with normals all pointing pretty much away from the center it works best, but with a face with lips, nostrils, etc where you have normals faceing each other that it falls apart a little,

seems like you have a really good render, thats why I was wondering if the grey scale was with Zbrush or not/

will be incredible without any doubt! :+1:
Pilou

Impressive. How long have you been working with ZBush?

Regards,
Zendoftheworld

Really Cool model!!! Amazing job

Yong

i am sorry that i didn’t save the script when i finish the bull.i wiil share my next work steps for my friends.

to hyper1;

i didn’t do the sketch but collected some reference paint from web.
to Ktaylor:

we have the same problem with the max displacement.its made me crazy and no good idea for it now.to render this i use a high-res modle(240000faces)with normals map for more
details.maybe i can use some lower-res modle,but it looks not good enough.the first bull is textrue with normals map but no color.

to Zendoftheworld:

i’v use zbrush for weeks and i find it really really great!

I found that if you export say level 3 from Z brush and calculate a displacement map from that same level that the render looks almost exactly like the high res scuplt in Zbrush, appantley since less displacement is being calculated it is more accurate, and you can use your lower res (level 1) as a cage mesh to animate with and then attach your higher res model that you will render with to it via a wrap deformer or somehting similar if you arnt using Maya,

trying to displace from level 1 was just too much displacment but from level 2-3 it was fine and I got WAY better results, Ill post some tests soon-

great model~

Beautiful!!!
man awesome!

to use wrap is really a good way!! i wiil try it later,and thank u very much!

Really its a good work man, so if you could use the 3ds max and brazil to make the render, how you did to carry the texture from ZBrush? Can you explain me please?

Excellent! Hat’s off dude!

Keep 'em coming :+1:

that’s really nice with the wet ears and eyes and nose and the drewl hehe :slight_smile:

Look at that fffffudgin’ texture! Look at the wrinkle kinda things! look at da snot, and da nose, and da horns!!!:grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :smiley: :smiley: :wink: :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :o :stuck_out_tongue: :warning: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1:

Wow! Its amaging.
I included it in those few great works i have seen in this forum.
Excellent gentleman.
Happy Zbrushing!

SN RAJPUROHITl,India

I think in addition to the smileys and so forth, we should have an “amazement” face :-). Incredible, incredible model, the sort of thing I hope to be able to do some day (in the, far, far distant future). I notice you said you used normal maps together with a high-poly model to render. I’m currently working with normal maps in ZBrush, and was wondering if you had the time to answer a few questions?

Was the normal map made in ZBrush? If so:

• what texture size did you use
  • what general settings (AUV vs. GUV, tangent vs. world space, etc) relating to normal map generation did you use?
  • did you encounter any problems using your normal map to render? If so, what?
  • more generally, what things (texturing, initial mesh, whatever) weren’t done in ZBrush.

Many thanks for the help and for the awesome post.
Ken

LOL Jason. Pull my ring hahaha.

This is a GREAT picture. That HAS attitude

LN

Professional Work!

Best work i’ve seen on the forums so far! :wink:

It’s a bit of an ugly cabron but I like it! Muy bien! :+1: :+1: :smiley:

:+1: Wow that is very cool