ZBrushCentral

Building My Portfolio

I don’t think you’ll have to worr about your portfolio what you have so far is really good. I love that orc.

I think the models are all excellent… this thead deserves to be on the top row :wink: :+1: :+1:

Great work. Really enjoyed visiting. Look forward to more from you.

this is a super first post, don’t be shy lace this place with images, they look very well done and i’ll be back to check on the progess of these guys. wow.

Wonderful stuff man. you’re well on your way to that career you’ve been hoping for. Thanks for the material share as well. Have to give that one a try.

beautiful work. I especially like the subtle color added to the alien looking guy in the tunic. You are very very skilled! Thanks for the inspiration.

Those are some sick model dude!!! Keep it up!!! I would love to see some more!!!

The ogre and the cybanetic creatures are my fav!

:Dnice work

Thank you for the comments and compliments everyone, it’s a huge motivational boost for me.

This character was basically made the same way as the last one I posted. I love gritty sci-fi and peculiar looking humanoids, so that’s basically the idea behind this one. His armor is a bit plain so I might spend some more time detailing it up. I look forward to your comments everyone!

Fantastic work! I love the last guy. Do you have a background in art? Such as art college?

Thanks wambo. I’m self-taught.

Sweeet! Another self-taught artist! :wink: Love the artwork!!! (but why do you have to make them mud-brown?) :smiley:

Do you happen to be a fan of Dragon Ball series?
My first completed Z-art was a shenrong. (if you can call it that. LOL :lol:)

Great stuff man… I am a fan now… :D…

Jus one question … how many more models for ur portfolio??? :wink:

Very inspiring work! I love the way you detail the volumes. They look as they were drawn, with very careful overlapping.

nice modeling
but how do you make this sharp areas between the muscles ?
i just liked your way of sharping modeling areas and smooths others
keep it up
with my best greets

ROFL at Wambo! Sounds like I should have a machine gun and sound like Stalone. :wink:

That’s incredible that your self tought. Your anatomy knowledge is stunning especiailly if you can create these character just from imagination.

dude love all ur models,they r amazing,wats the material man,its neat,love ur work ,cheers

This work is phenominal! Can you do a timelapse demo for us. I and the community would really enjoy and benifit if you could make the time to do something simple to show us your process.

Great stuff. I think the models have great form and design. Since your plan is to get a job in the “film” industry- I would consider what that means your portfolio should be made up of. Except for the animal studies- the work looks geared for game and game cinematic in subject matter. Also- you don’t show topology flows that would be appropriate for film. My experience has been studios can be pretty picky about what matches thier needs. I think you can do it- but if you haven’t already, pick your favorite CG studios and look at what they want to see in a portfolio. Then again- considering your tastes… maybe you would be happier making creatures for a game cinematic then modeling photo realistic deer for Rythm and Hues?

good luck
Craig

Thanks for the kind words and advice everyone. I really enjoy being a part of this community.

feureau - I used to watch that show when I was younger. It wasn't my intention to make the character DBZish but it definitely looks like it could be pulled from that universe. Smooth_Criminal - It's hard to say. I'm trying to strike a balance between creating new pieces and continuing to refine old ones. My problem is that modeling new characters is just too much fun for my own good. al3ashiq64 - It's a combination of things. The clay brush is great for laying down subtle muscle forms, while tools like pinch are great for emphasizing definition in certain areas. A good rule of thumb when building delicate forms is to go slowly and use a low intensity setting on your brush.

wombat - Sorry about butchering your name (just kidding, womball).

kjaxx - The material is a modified version of Ralf's mudbox material; I posted a download link to it on the first page of this thread. crossbones - I'm definitely going to make a timelapse in the very near future. comic_craig - Good advice. My preference would actually be to work in the game industry, which is why I'm also trying to get a bit more comfortable with normal-mapping. My intention is to retoplogize and normal map at least two of these characters. I may make some targeted portfolio pieces down the road, but right now I'm just trying to make a somewhat well-rounded portfolio. So much to do and yet so few hours in the day... This piece was a study in anatomy and creating a cohesive gesture (and polypainting, I just can't resist). [<!--[attach=60952]monk1.jpg[/attach]-->] [<!--[attach=60953]monk2.jpg[/attach]-->] [<!--[attach=60954]monk3.jpg[/attach]-->] [<!--[attach=60955]monk4.jpg[/attach]-->] Also, apologies for the large post everyone. If it's too cumbersome for comfortable reading just let me know and I'll tone it down a bit.![monk1.jpg|916x1136](upload://l09VaOJpaPyWyq5GblYxI6TUs86.jpeg)![monk2.jpg|1100x960](upload://2ZdHaPY4mx8NsLjJ7qUzmjpy4eA.jpeg)![monk3.jpg|1100x905](upload://4o0nJ2u1AH95VNZSAOWClm9EV1R.jpeg)![monk4.jpg|779x781](upload://glbmDIX7BKAhCYAL8i2Qt8KNMfp.jpeg)

Attachments

monk2.jpg

monk3.jpg