ZBrushCentral

Building Creatures using ZBrush DVD

thanks Aaron, is grreat for all users¡¡¡¡ :slight_smile:

Hey Aaron,

As we speak, I am watching this new DVD. I got it from Gnomon’s Workshop Live a month ago. Sorry I missed your lecture that day, I had to leave early. Heard you weren’t feeling well that day. Anyway, I’m am enjoying this DVD tremendously. For all you Maya users out there, you can apply these techniques to it as well. I’m halfway through the DVD and planning to finish it by this week. Nice work again. Maybe you should talk to Alex about doing another DVD on more humanoid character with multiple props and costumes. That would be sweet. Thanks again.

Anh

Well, I just plunked down for it and I don’t use XSI or ZBrush!

I’m planning on getting Z…eventually. I’d like to see when it will be Universal so I can use it efficiemtly on an Intel Mac. And I find what can be done in XSI (or Maya, or MAX, etc) I can come up with an equivelent in Cinema 4D.

Looking forward to the DVD…

hello all picked this dvd and others as someone new to z-brush this was vary helpful … thomas m arensberg http:www.hauntedminds.com
:+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :smiley: :roll_eyes: :grimacing:

i’m going to check it k’ it looks so sweet that hurts.

Hi Aaron,

Great DVD and I have to say that it is one of my favorites from the Gnomon library. :+1:

Aaron you always surprise us, please keep doing it

Just curious about the XSI portion of the DVD.

How much of the DVD is devoted to XSI ?

( Is it pretty basic, or does the viewer need to already be familiar with XSI ? )

Thanks !

This DVD is more about Zbrush and how to build creatures using it. As for XSI that is only to show you how to export your model into another package, for animation, posing or whatever you would need it for. The XSI section of the DVD is short and brief. So if your not interested in XSI or don’t know it, you should be able to get a lot out of the ZBrush portion of the DVD. that is around 4 hours of lecture. Hope you enjoy it.
Here is more info on it.

http://www.thegnomonworkshop.com/dvds/asi04.html

Thanks Aaron.

Actually, I just purchased both programs :+1: .

I was just wondering if the viewer can make out the tools that you use in the XSI portion.
Do you use a lot of shortcut keys ? ( If you do, do you let the viewer know what key you just pressed ?)

I know this DVD is devoted to ZBrush, but I was just curious about the XSI portion since I am completely new to the program.

Thanks for the reply !

Hey it looks like a great video =D. If I had the time and the money then I would definetly be tempted. Just wondering though (my apology if this has already been asked) but do you know of a similar video where it works through zbrushing an entire character but instead of using XSI it uses 3d studio max to finish the character? Thx

Just a thought if ur thinking of making another movie =D

Well, I’m part way through watching the DVD and I think it’s great. Again, I don’t own ZBrush or XSI, but I’m getting a lot out of it. I’m p.anning on buying Z (maybe when they update and I hear about the Universal version).

It’s great becasue it’s just watching someone sculpt. You watch the creative process, the sometimes, slight change in direction or ideas. He just uses Move, Zadd and Zsub, mostly and gets the job done. Nothing fancy. Just like it’s a lump of clay and you push and pull the clay around.

I can see why lots of people start with a base cage from another app rather than start with ZSpheres though. If you’re used to banging out a quick shape in Sub-D, you might be better off importing that to get you started.

Anyway, great work from a talented artist.

PS Aaron, you sound a little like Richard Shiff (Tobey Ziegler) from West Wing! (just an observation).

Thanks everyone for the support and interest in my work and in my DVDs. I wanted to post another image of the creature from Tethered Islands and the DVD. creature-head.jpg

Aaron…simply fantastic. You folks at G are doing a wonderful job. Thank you.

Word.

asims: I did want to get this DVD of yours, but I was quite disapointed as I will need the XSI and I don’t have it… I still consider myself as a beginner and I was looking forward if you could produce one DVD really for beginners, yes, I have the Meats MEIER Introduction to Zbrush, but it would be nice to see it from another Master such yourself. I am more looking forward to see any tutorial to build a robot with a cool background from scratch to finish.
asims, I saw you last night!!! hahaha I bough the Detailing Characters: Zbrush Alpha Library, but although is an excellent DVD by all means, I was expecting to see how to actually make it with all colors and so on, rather only how to apply the vains and so alphas.
Would it be so cool really for a beginner like me to see really from start to the end. My biggest problem is how to really apply textures/colours to the final piece look cool. I really appreciate if you or anyone could guide me to a cool tutorial for that… pretty tired of sculping gray spheres… Always when I finish modeling/sculping, I look at my gray model and ask myself… Now what?..
Just from a beginner point of view :wink:

Meats Meier: Zbrush for illustration, this is without doubt one of the best Gnomon titles for Zbrush…

http://www.thegnomonworkshop.com/dvds/mme03.html

Aaron I now have your DVD in my possesion, but it’s in a queue of Gnomon DVD’s to watch, infact a very long queue, 24 hours worth infact…:grimacing:

Cheers Mate :wink:

E X C E L L E N T ! I bought it and it R O C K S !!

I just bought through amazon “Get into ZBrush with Glen Southern”.
Don’t know really what to expect. Some people say that is great, others say that it is ok… well, it is aimed for beginners, so… LOL :+1:

simple and efficient