ZBrushCentral

bronze wip

Hi jantim
Here is my test with the material you have created. I found and polished it after comming back from an archeological dig. It comes from a nanimal worshiping animistic tribe.
Most probably early 1940’s , placed in the centre of tribal circles to teach man of his impotence:p

My thanks to you mate , something I was working on after uni today .
cheers.jpg

take care

Kircho

Gazillion thanks for sharing the mat and lights :+1:

But there´s a lil problem, something that i can see too on the previous model of kircho

There´re some lines crossing in a pattern the render, any idea why is this been caused?

here´s s sample… i´ve doted the crossing of lines with red…

thanks again

Attachments

head.jpg

this material makes things look like completely photo-real bronze. Amazing masterful shader work.

Xuxo,

I noticed the grid too. I think it comes from the 4th shader - the Surface Bump Image doesn’t tile properly. Try substituting another alpha texture that does tile and the grid goes away.

Sven

Lol I thought it was part of the effect, if the creases conformed to the form of the model it would add to the realism of the shader. Stresses the human ‘hand’ in malding the statue.

Thanks for the tip Sven .

Kircho

Great work! That slight greenish patina of oxidation really does it for me. Another detail of bronze is that its more golden tones show through in the parts that experience the most wear as it becomes more polished ( read specular). Your monk statue has that in spots, but I think a nice broad area like on his forehead or something, would really be a nice touch.

Look at the knees in the supporting images below to see what I mean.

bronze1.jpg

Attachments

bronze2.jpg

Sorry for my late reaction, but i was not online yesterday .
Kircho, your model looks great with the bronze material, and yes Svengali
the tiling culprit is the surfacebump image in S4, in my original material i used my own images , but they were so big that the material was 2.4 mb in size ,so for
posting i used a smaller image.
I would advice in using a good tiling image of your own, you can do that easy in Zbrush, you have to adapt such an image to the render-resolution, by the
way, if you render at a higher resolution, it looks different.The reason is that the image is spread (tiled)over your canvas.
I also used reflected texture or reflected scene in my images, you must set
these in the rendering options, and you must set reflectivity in some, or all, of
the shaderchannels and set “render field” in the renderoptions .
The bronze material that i made is only one way that bronze can look, you have
to tweak your own settings to make it look like you want, orange brown or the green patina of older bronze !

Have fun with it

jantim

How you do this. Good job…:+1: :+1: :slight_smile:

Share my application.

Easiest, Fastest powerfule Raster To Vector Software…

http://www.zbrushcentral.com/zbc/showthread.php?p=177651&posted=1#post177651

An interesting option to improve on your material is the “mullti-layer and multi-
rendering pass” from TVeyes, see this thread : http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=171099

I’ve been baking and combining bronze material settings in this image

baked bronze01.jpg

Attachments

variations.jpg

bronze armerbake.jpg

Nothing new, but there are moments that Zbrush as a renderer can surprise
you and you think : "is it me, or is it Zbrush ? ":slight_smile:

jantim

dead man002.jpg

Wow! This stuff is amazing! Excellent work all around.

I need to get crackin’ on learning this shader stuff!

Awesome!

yeah that looks great:D

Thanks Chad and Roguenroll,…i no expert in creating Zshaders but you can learn a lot from taking a material apart and see what makes it tick !
Also using the curve-function(s) can change a material in a big way !

jantim

Made a “rusted iron” sort of material

rustboy01.jpg

created a “rustboy” from primitives and an Alpha:)

jantim

Hi Jantim,

VERY nice! I like the oxidation in the recesses - beautiful material goin on!

your materal experiments made me curious -good work!

Little update: “iron with grime” and “iron with rust”

robots.jpg

jantim

…thread of exploring textures, material, … :+1:
Pilou

Looks like you’v ebeen watching the trailer for Robots.

:eek: :eek: :eek: i like ,it’s beautiful ,would you post the set? i will study:o