ZBrushCentral

Ballistic Publishing's Essence: Creatures

great sculpts!

Really nice sculpt, and great different combinations.

another great sculpt!!! were can i find the book

Really nice work! I love the cat face one too. Congrats on getting in the book!

These are all great and I look forward to buying the book.
I love the work of all you guys, but I want to ask something.
I haven’t worked as a concept artist, and I don’t mean it as criticism.

But from a purely artistic standpoint, is it really beneficial to make that many sketches and design iterations for a character?
I always felt that when I go with the first idea and try to nail it, the result feels more alive and gritty, not so “designed through”.
But maybe that’s what’s in demand and intended. In any case, amazing work!

Fantastic work!!!:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

Awesome! :+1:

Stunning work:+1:

Im so gonna dig into this Essence: Creatures man! Awesome works going there guys! SALUTE!!

Blog - http://amazingbeggars.wordpress.com/
Reel - https://vimeo.com/54710483
Sketchbook - http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthr…ing-Work/page2

Awesome works,i’m going to order book ASAP,love the Bryan and James creatures so much ,thanks for sharing Guys:D

Awesome Stuff Guys! What a sweet Collaboration of guys! Great work. Cant wait !!!

Sweet work!!!

Just saw the book in pre-sale a few days ago. It looks awesome and I’m looking forward to get it someday.

Fantastic Works!!!

Inspirational!

wow awesome work. i especially like the GEILO piece.

Thanks a lot for the awesome response guys!

MattSkinny asked a question, which I’ll try to answer on behalf of myself…
I think it’s essential in this industry to be armed with the ability to offer a client both routes for a creature/character concept. Sometimes a client will have a clear vision and perhaps one or two pieces are needed to realize that, where sometimes multiple directions have to be explored and one needs to be able to create variety. When I design for myself I find I switch between the two, more than not I’ll have a clear idea and I can nut it out in one piece, but sometimes exploration is needed.
hope that answered your question somewhat? :slight_smile:

Hello everyone, i’m so excited to be part of this project and very pleased with the result!!
Here are a few pics of my only digitaly sculpted piece that made it in to the book. It’s Called “Hellhound”
I have a few more creatures in my section that are traditionally sculpted and then digitally manipulated and rendered.
Cheers.

vt.jpggf5fr77.jpg66;;l;;--v554.jpgd copy.jpgjungle pred 2 copyjuu.jpg66;;l.jpg

Attachments

66;;l.jpg

d copy.jpg

jungle pred 2 copyjuu.jpg

66;;l;;--v554.jpg

this book looks more and more like a “must have”… great work from all of you.

-r

Hi abaker, thanks a bunch for the reply!
Answered my question perfectly, it makes sense that clients often need to see variations.
So I’ll rethink my hit or miss approach then :slight_smile:
But it’s also good to know that in your personal work you sometimes go straight for the kill!
thanks again, keep it up

And great work Aris Kolokontes, impresssive beast!