ZBrushCentral

Atelier Angheluta Jewellery Book

Thanks for commenting guys.

Hi all

Got this job for a local jeweller. He had a really old ring he wanted me to scan and clean up so he can have multiple sizes for production. I thought i would post a bit about the joy of working with scan data. Finished piece in zbrush and a pic of the process.

Thanks for looking.

Atelier-Angheluta-Scan-Signet-processv2.pngAtelier Angheluta Scan Signet02.jpg

These are fantastic sir!

Thank you, and thanks for commenting. :smiley:

The casts are a bit low res, though, no?

I mean, it doesn’t do your work’s justice…

@khanate

Hi

I think the res is quite good actually, all the sculpted detajls are in the cast. The surface texture is a bit rough though. Thats partially due to us using a bit older printer without castable resin, that we then cast :D. And the fact that i prefere to have my sculpted details there instead of polished away. The tigers and deer are direct cast from print, no master model, which gives some additional roughness.

I really don’t think it is a big problem for these pieces since the goal is not to have a mirror finish, it actually helps with the contrast and sulphuring.

Im also lazy and don’t retouch my photos, and i think people are so used to looking at retouched jewellery that they don’t realize what it actually looks like when magnified. Maybe i will start retouching;).

You can see a video of the tigerhead on my instagram, which gives a more realistic picture of how it actually looks to the naked eye.

With that said it is a bit to the rough side, maybe i’ll get a newer printer with true castable resing someday :D.

Thanks for commenting, hope this answers your question.

Hi All

Signet ring made for my brand. It’s gonna be a 2 metal piece, i’ll get some pics up after it’s cast.
Thanks for looking.

AtelierAngheluta signet01.jpg

Hello im new to this forum!
This is my first post :slight_smile:
jeweler, caster and 3d technician

Im impressed by your works.
Can i ask what printer you used to print these on? Non castable resin and direct casted you say? Different machines? Or maybe rtv´ed ?

Thank you

regards adam

Hi Survivalist

First off, let me welcome you to the forum, it’s a really great place to be for learning and inspiration. If you participate actively you really get alot out of it.

Glad to hear that you like the works :D. The place i used to work i did casting and finishing aswell, now i only do sculpting and haven’t scrutinized the casting setup, i’ve taken the casters word for it so what im gonna tell you is really more based on his experience than mine.

Now. We have 2 projet 3500 HD, i think they are about 5 years old, might be 4. Projet now offers true wax printing, i guess similar to what solidscape is doing. The one we have though is with resin, and the casting experiments with jewellers investment pretty much failed, burnout wasn’t good enough at lower temps that the jewellers investment could handle. So what we do now is use dental investment which is simillar to platinum investment, and can handle the high temps so we get clean castings. On the downside, the dental investment has a rougher surfacefinish, this is not a problem for most everyday jobs, but it sucks a bit on the high detail stuff that i do beacause i want to retain as much detail as possible. Im looking into mass finishing, but thats gonna be a long experimenting period with that.

The machines are the same as always, the issues with resin aren’t in casting but in the burnout phase. I’ve casted resin with centrifugal casting with no issues. I actually prefer centrifugal casting to pressure vacume, but thats a whole other talk :smiley:

No rtv. We have done it before but alot of what i do now is bespoke so we just do direct casting. Not exlusively my decision.

Hope this answers your questions.

Hi all

New ring. the final piece is going to be 2 different metals. looking forward to casting this one. Thanks for looking.

Atelier Angheluta- all seeing ring 01.jpg

Hi all

Below is a keyshot render of my Baroque tiger ring. When i get around to take some proper pictures i’ll post them aswell.
I’ve also included a bpr from zbrush. Thanks for looking

Baroque-tiger-v2_02.jpg

Atelier Angheluta Le Tigre-New.jpg

Great job! So all those details will come through on the printed wax?

@Crafty McCraftsman : Thanks! Well it depends on what printer you use, but yeah those will come out just fine. Some loss in finishing after cast, a bad casting will likely be more of a problem than your print. If you look on my page 2, you’ll see a not so good casting of this one. ill try to post a picture when i get this one polished. It was cast this morning, but don’t know when i get around to it. :smiley:

Hi everyone.

New Solitaire ring. Will cast in 18 K gold and set a cusion cut aquamarine. Zbrush screenshot and a keyshot render. Thanks for looking.

square-soli-z.jpg

square-soli-v3.jpg

really cool work

@Ehren : thanks man, means alot coming from such a skilled sculptor as yourself.

ooo nice looking work. nice shoulder work. keep it up :smiley:

@c4th : Hey thanks man, appreaciate it. :smiley:

Hi all

Hope you’ve all had a great start to 2017, haven’t posted in a while so here goes. First comission of 2017, cherub pendant.
Gonna be cast in 18k gold. 15mm tall. Thanks for looking.

AA cherub wip 2 v1.jpg