ZBrushCentral

Alienish Creature

Maybe I ate to much Turkey for Thanksgiving, but I am wondering if your alien evolved from the bird?

Good job by the way:+1:

i think you should model your models muscle efficient wise, and if there are some strange things coming out of his head, you should ask yourself, what does he use them for? Like that weird thing where the nose should be. What is that for?

Thanks all for those constructive comments and I would consider those stuff while I am editing this charachter

any suggestions about the skin texture? do you guys like it or is it overdone? because the only thing that holds me about deleting the Hi res versions is the skin texture so if it is bad or overdone please say to redo the whole thing. And if you see it as a total loss model please say

I don’t know if this is a loss model or not, thatg is up to you but I do think that the skin texture is the only thing making this model interesting IMO. I highly dislike the nose? beak thing, it seems not practical and makes for an unpleasant silhoutte IMO. I think if you make it larger and more beak like it may work better or if you make it less pronounced and more nose like it may be better also. The muscles in the face and neck do not make sense to me and seem to follow form way before function, and I don’t think either are up to par at the moment.

Why is his neck so long? Why is the cranium so small? Why is his nose? pointed? Why is his eyes not farther back and is there a reason the eylids are shaped in a strange furrow? Why does he not have a bone structure or muscle groups in the jaw? These are some question I would think about. Remember each design choice, regardless of the medium should have purpose and research. Does yours?

I am reading the crits of this model and I wonder why?

It is an ALIEN… Not of this world or apart of nature as known to our earth.

Why does there have to be a “why this and why that” for the structure of the face.

Your Model looks good, The silhoutte maybe unpleasent, but it is an alien! A UGLY ONE! but not a ugly model!

The next step to making it better is to make it appear alive. Give it a body, put it in an Alien enviroment. Make it live.

WOW guys I am really learning from those comments keep on sending them I am really glad to here those comments thanks all…and here is an update I got rid of the ugly pointy nose:lol: I hope that it is not an uglier nose now…

Also I got that my work flow is not sequential (step wise) I ll keep it in mind when doing the next charachter ,I promise I ll do some research and much more strict plan for the charachter

[attach=45316]face4fe3.jpg[/attach]

Cass83:. Thanks :slight_smile: for the points you clarified on the model, I ll keep those in mind while working on him btw what is “and I don’t think either are up to par at the moment.” what is par?:stuck_out_tongue:

gottsbett:. Thanks , after I am finished with him I ll add to him an environment to make things better…:wink:

Ciroman:. I will review the functionality of those things in his head and might just leave those as they are and fix other things but FUNCTIONALITY is a word I will never forget in the future designs.:slight_smile:

javierloredo:. Thanks for the attention and the constructive comments…:slight_smile:

Attachments

face4fe3.jpg

Hey I like the nose you’ve created! What I meant by not being up to par was that form and functionality wise your model is not there all the way yet. IMO the new nose is a definate improvement in the right direction though! So, I like the lines coming from the nose and the one coming down to the corner of the mouth but the other ones I think could be changed to better suit the facial muscles of this guy. Maybe use some human or animal ref of facial muscles to get some ideas. Look at neck muscles too, keep going!

look man, we look as we look because of functionality, if we could make sounds without our mouth and breathe withouth our nose we wouldnt have any of that, but because it is as it is everything on us is for a purpose. Nature doesnt make things too look good, it makes things to live and survive good.

And ibrahim, i really like the new approach. But I didnt want you to make it a nose or something, i still insist that you make your model, I just suggested that you wouldnt see a human with cd’s growing on him without a purpose, if you know what i mean. :slight_smile:

A very tiny update just added eyes using combustion masking out the spheres:cry: I hope I can get to work on it soon…

[attach=46109]back3dg9.jpg[/attach]

Attachments

face_eye.jpg

I learned some stuff about textures and found some intresting ones I could use on the creature so I gave it a try and here is a WIP of what I got the pics are photoshoped too
Tex1.jpg

Attachments

Tex1_b.jpg

Your alien fella has a surreal quality that pleases mine eye:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

Another WIP using ZappLink and Photoshop
3_tex_1024_low.jpg

I hope You like it and C&C are most welcomed

Attachments

3_texb_1024 _low.jpg

Yea man, looking back at the start of the thread, see improvement in leaps and bounds!

But remember just because it is an alien, doesn’t mean that the laws of its worlds physics don’t apply to it…
The way of coming up with original designs is to think of the environment it lives in, and how those elements tax the creature physically, and how it evolves to solve those problems…

In example…
A creature that lives in dark environments may have larger eyes, due to the lack of light, or maybe no eyes, and just feelers or something…and would be low to the ground for best balance around his environment, and would be extremely pale. Is there alot of food available for the critter? Fat? Skinny?

It’s good to brainstorm up the character, make some reference sketches, even if super quick, and gather resources to help you model. Use any means, because the more resources you use, the better / more realistic the model is going to turn out. Modeling is just as much visualization as art, and art is observation!

Good luck, look forward to seeing more from ya

-dWade

CemeteryKid:. thanks man I ll keep my eyes on those tips and comments all the time I hope you like this WIP
Back1_low.jpg

Attachments

back2_low.jpg

…ethnic serial! :cool: