ZBrushCentral

Ajdin's Book of Doodles

Nice work Ajdin, Keep it up !

Thanks YOU, im in love with zbrush now. it has made rendring much easier. Much! I will upload a new model tommorow or tonight.

Holy Moses! The final comp came out really well mr Ajdin. That lighting is especially cool, really adds to the nightmarish ghoulish look and atmosphere. Really diggin’ the claws and grabby bits.

The scientist looks wicked too, I take back what I said about the cheek bones, super work :smiley:

What’s next?

Very cool looking creature. Just trying to figure out how it walks. I’d hate to have to animate that thing doing a walk cycle.

Difficult to judge how good a 3d model is when you don’t know what is actually created as a 3d element and what is done in Photoshop as a 2d over-paint.

I actually saw the movie this was from on Epix this weekend. If anyone has that channel it is currently on demand. It’s a western movie about these things that burrow underground and kill people while they sleep. It wasnt too bad for a straight to DVD movie. I think your design is actually better looking than the ones in the movie.

@ Derek - they actually walk really weird in the movie. Almost like a backwards crab walk.

Thanks for the nice comments! This really does keep me going thats for sure =) Sorry for the slow reply im working on 2 models at the same time…argh! =)

Re rendered this with Vray sss2 shader. You can make so many different alterations to the skin, shader is kick ass. This is just the look I wanted. Had in mind. Hope you like it. p.s Displacement maps still suck. Might use Normal maps from zbrush or decimation master its much easier!!!

![BurrowerVray_New_cgtalk_003.jpg|1100x900](upload://fjrmWRPiFKj4VeFoCvZsMlAKRhe.jpeg)

Attachments

BurrowerVray_New_cgtalk_003.jpg

Excellent job ! This creature is really disgusting, like a kind of human who turned very wrong after chaotic mutations or genetic manipulations. Could fit in Lovecraft’s universe. :slight_smile: Good job !
Could you perhaps show some zbrush views from different angles ?

awesome creature! great silhouette!

Haha thanks man, but you should go back to page 1 there are many views there of it, within zbrush. =)

dude! MEAT CRICKET!!! Seriously though, very imaginative and skilled work. Hey can any of you guys tell me how to start a thread? I totally forgot…

Modeling another big monster type …thing. So did this one quick as a intermission part. This is my way of relaxing between projects XD.
Inspired by http://davidsdoodles.deviantart.com/ I love the expression of this FAT thing! Brushes used, Dam Standard, Inflade, Form soft, Normal brush, Clay e.t.c.

![001.jpg|1100x1017](upload://iNVpn7UQuEtCdNUehFiSOzNRFtN.jpeg)

Attachments

001.jpg

Yes!! He’s got a lot of character, and the blue works really well too. It’s very refreshing to see you modelling and sculpting something so different from your monsters. David Colman’s artwork oozes with character, and I think your sculpt’s got a lot of that goodnessness. Still can’t get over the stark contrast in the last few posts, almost opposite poles of the spectrum :smiley:

man i totally love your last creature,the texture and lighting is just perfect!
The cat reminds me of the aristocats from disney. keep up the great work! very inspiring.

Another model (Original Concept) I made in the course of a morning, as a concept for my portfolio, and it turned out great!Lots of energy in my words I know, but it feels the more I “design” on paper or the computer the better I become. Its all practice and inspiration from other amazing artists on this forum.

![004.jpg|1100x1041](upload://q7lSAGeHsFeXJBGCV9Z0PBRNNPX.jpeg)![002.jpg|1100x1078](upload://UJrNKC4qkQjUlsGIGlJVq2QdUI.jpeg)![Cyborg_Diffuse_001.jpg|1100x1078](upload://eMZuUT2KLLJcKUejehtJu5EJHPM.jpeg)![BPR_Render.jpg|1100x1078](upload://h004qaJOq6aOtrSfC8wisLrJLYb.jpeg)![003.jpg|1100x1078](upload://zPUjd9gYZfpeSaIde0seKLItdxg.jpeg)

Attachments

004.jpg

002.jpg

Cyborg_Diffuse_001.jpg

BPR_Render.jpg

003.jpg

Whoa, so I did the body for this character, took a day, rushed it. Had some computer crashes, but hey. Hope you like it. I should make a pdf on the making of this? Tho it migh be short.
“War does not determine who is right - only who is left. ~Bertrand Russell” Goes well with this piece.

R_01.jpgR_03.jpgR_02.jpgR_04.jpg

Attachments

R_02.jpg

R_04.jpg

nice work. i especially like the unique weapon.

what matcap was used for the darker/shiny renders?

Sure, will post them after I correct this models feet. This is like a WIP and sketch book. So expect much updates >_<

sweet! I love the lines on that gun… for a rushed job, the piece looks fantastic! for a non-rushed job, it looks fantastic too…:slight_smile: