ZBrushCentral

121 on realism / anatomics / texture issue

None of the links are new to me…but i have never seen that ref before and it looks great…
thanks for the help tho

Here go a few more…

The famous BACK !
Gautier d’Agoty, Jacques-Fabien (1716-1785) Weird.
Jean Jacques Lequeu. Good for both Anatomy and Architecture !
Old drawings, very nices.
Medical Pics
Institut d’Anatomie de Paris
The Visible Human Project

Mmmh… Seems there are plenty of sources.
All is to have them at hand.

Cheers. :wink:

Good links !
Just miss this
Plastination
And Fragonard !
Pilou

Wow, Pilou, those two links are…
interesting ! :wink:
I’m not sure I have the gutts to be this kind of artist/scientist. :smiley:
I mean
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> “(…)L’aspect macabre de la scène était renforcé par de petits fœtus humains montés sur des moutons ou des fœtus de chevaux, formant autour du « Cavalier de l’Apocalypse » une véritable armée.”<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I’m speechless.

This one too broke my jaw

No somos nada !

En effet :eek: :eek: :eek:
Pilou

:slight_smile: hello! in my opinion, the far better books for artists, and especially “sculpting” artists, like 3d, is Bridgman books, like constructive anatomy and so on… “The human machine” is probably the title the most known from him, and a muist… in Dover collection, not expansive… frazetta and a lot of comics artists have sayed their debt to bridgman; i don’t believe at all at the “medical” approach for artists , with all the muscles and so on… tedious and non creative… hogarth is useful, (far less than bridgman), but don’t teach anatomy: he teach human body as hogarth creation, and that’s different: you have to translate his style to yours if you want to use it… hope this helps… amitiés .M.

Hi Marcel
Sure :slight_smile:
Pilou

Hi Marcel
I have not yet found many illustrations of George B Bridgman!
Just many commercial covers as this
I will continue :slight_smile:
Pilou

yes, frenchy, (bonjour), it’s this one… in dover collection, there is 4 books, human maéchine being the most intersting… the other “incontournables” are: human form in motion, from muybridge… (and animals in motion, if you want to cover more anatomy; ) in fact bridgman + muybridge for practice, and nothing else necessary… :wink:

It’s more easy for Muybridge animations !!! :cool: :cool: :cool:
Images
Pilou

Wow, Marcel. I’m just bluffed, because, I bought the Hogarth book, even if the title is so nuts (le dessin sans peine, drawing without efforts), and it’s true what you say, it has a bad bad point, that it shows not only anatomy but a style too. I tought that was only my way to see it but I’m glad you pointed it out. Anyway, It’s a very good source, I hope I will not begin drawing in its likeliness another time. Well, it could be an improvement if I drew exactly the same, but I still prefer my good old wrong personal style. :smiley:

|edit|
Muybridge… you’re damn so right ! How did I manage to forget this plan I had of studying and try to copy them pictures… ?
Thanks for the links :+1:

Mmmmh, by the way… The title I chose for the post refered to realism and texture issues too. I’m not really sure of what I meant with this, but I think it had a relation with how good modeling can be replaced/enhanced/suggested/faked by texture tricks. Like in the Kevin Brilliant alien tut that comes with Z, when he shows how underbones dark skin tones give depth to the figure. It would also be interesting to study what makes a good skin texture, ie: how good color shading and melting makes it true to the eye.
Not too confusing ? :smiley:

vincent, i think that if you stay in zbrush, the most realistic way is to snapshot your model, export in photoshop, make the texture for example from photos, and reimport in zbrush, via document import export; the photoshop is going exactly on the 2,5 form, whith an incredible resolution… if you plan to export a 3d model out of zbrush to an another app, it’s another matter of things… amitiés M.