ZBrushCentral

10 years in Canada Anniversary Piece

To celebrate 10 years living in Canada, and 1 year as a citizen, I wanted to put together The Most Canadian Image Ever. I’m a life long Deadpool fan, and figured he was a perfect choice for a piece that was gonna be filled with references and visual gags.

I’m coming off of a one year long burn out from the games industry, this is the first personal piece ive finished in years, feels good to be getting back into it, finally. I’m mostly self taught, in the worst way possible, so any C&C is VERY welcome.

Everything was modeled and sculpted in a mix of Maya and ZBrush, textured in Substance Painter and then I attempted to render in Marmoset, czo its much easier for me to use, but due to my poor scene and texture optimization choices it almost nuked my computer. So I had to learn how to render and light in Arnold. Lighting is by far the hardest thing for me to grasp.

You can view an uncompressed 8k version here

Thank you!

5 Likes

This may in fact, be the most Canadian image ever @sblomkamp. Love all the little details - the more I look, the more I see :rofl:

Welcome to the community, eh !

1 Like

Thank you kindly!

1 Like

Being Canadian myself I totally can relate!!! Re-watched Deadpool 2 recently and love all the Canadian inside jokes in the movie too…especially the end credits footage!!! Amazing job with the piece!!!

1 Like