ZBrushCentral

Comicon 2010 - Squirrel Girl early teens

This was my first comicon entry. And hopefully one of the first characters for my demo reel for near future employment. It was a tough contest but I came through in time. Her proportions are intentionally odd for her age. She is also canonily one of the most powerful character in marvel for comic reasons.

edit- for some reason I can't get my images to embed normally. It puts the html coding instead. edit edit- fixed. Weird bug. [realbeautyshorevisedt.jpg[/ATT]%3C/font%3E"]![realbeautyshorevisedt.jpg|800x800](upload://sPhFivawsxEtcNR9X4Rla88wdYY.jpeg)](http://%3Cfont%20color=%22#9A9A9A%22%3E[ATT=221509)

edit edit edit- fixed a rendering bug on her teeth.

Attachments

presentation4resize.jpg

construction sheetresize.jpg

conceptsresizes.jpg

Texturesresize.jpg

Hey man! once again cool work, best of luck!

Thank’s azure. And for those who haven’t read it here is the entire wip. http://www.gameartisans.org/forums/showthread.php?t=16057

I don’t hvae time to condense it into one post, but I can talk about a few things that are zbrushed related. The original hair sculpt was done using zsphere sketching which conformed to the head. Some armature zspheres where used to make strands of hair that stuck out from the head. The hair was than converted to polys and exported to blender. I tried in max with the poly strips, but I’m still kind of green behind the ears in max. I did manage to get biped to work.

Also key for sculpting was using a very simple base mesh. The less defined topology the more freedom in design in zbrush. You will have to retopologize no matter what to stay under 12000 triangles. The zipper pull was made with shadowbox. I’m still getting a feel with it. But the zipper probably could have been made as well. WE had a 1 month+1 week+1 day timeline to finish this so some shortcuts had to be made. Open to any questions you have about the process. I’m new to this so I learned a ton.

Congrats womball, nice work. :slight_smile: best of luck.