ZBrushCentral

Z4 Beta Testing By: Michael Angelo Hernandez

So, here are some of the things I worked on with the Z4 Beta. Decided to work on concepts that I have a wicked hard time doing in Z but comes easier in my 3D apps collection (Wings3D, Silo, and Cinema4D). Though I am inherently organic by nature (and therefore artistically) those of you whom might know me and my work could surmise that I am not a mechanical modeler. I have to say, Z4 makes it incredibly easy! So, conceived and finished in mere hours which, considering my mechanical disposition, is a breakthrough; I utilized Xpose, shadowbox with tons of curve clip, selection, and masking functions (thank you SO MUCH for this curves addition) as well as tiled alphas in carving and stenciling. Most things here feel 80% finished for me but, thought it is better to showcase this now then when my picky brain starts wasting time perfecting the details, I believe it is time to share. I know that most may find this simple but, for me as an artist bereft of mechanical experience, Z4 has blessed me with a new found ability for technical modeling. Of all the things I could think about which would mirror ZBrush’s artistry and innovation, it was DaVinci that first popped into my mind. So, below is one of his machines. Thank you Dev Team! Just when I thought I couldn’t Love Z more, you slap me in the face and then kissed the shock away! I am both honered and humbled to be apart of this Beta Team.

[![MAHknife-Z4-WIP.jpg|1122x800](upload://rMkugaAxJz9MEjD1kFPQcR6o0hG.jpeg)]![MAHcustom-UI-Z4.jpg|900x573](upload://9QbNICjuN6o1mEROltCU72fTeQ9.jpeg)

:white_small_square: DOWNLOAD :white_small_square:

Attachments

Phatcock.jpg

phatkawk_sample.jpg

test.jpg

Knuckle-Render2.jpg

robo-final-wip-render.jpg

Stage-3d.jpg

robo-explode.jpg

It’s great to see an old-timer on the beta team!

Cool hard-surface eggbot and paddle boat, but I think I still like phatbird the most :slight_smile:

Did you make the hull of the boat in ZB as well?

great stuff, mate =)
I´m so eager to try out some things you show here, beeing really impressed by that boat!

greets
marco

Sure did. I’ll show some steps when I get home.

Thank you! :smiley:

lol I really like the Phatbird… this just fantastic, thanks for sharing.

hey Mahlikus good to see some more work from you and how your using the new features, it makes me happy to know that deformation sliders update in realtime and clip brushes have been something i have been requesting for along time, its also good to hear zsphere binding algorithms have been revamped cant wait to try them out… i think now would be a good time to get the weekly challenges going again while people are inspired and eager to see the capabilities of the newly integrated features of zbrush 4, it would be nice if it could be directed by pixologic or at least make it a sticky thread for that week or month depending on the criteria, and with the zcast feature maybe they will reintegrate it for teaching and web casts seems to have disapeard after zbrush 3.5, http://zbrushcentral.com/zbc/showthread.php?t=036912… again great to have you back in the zbrush community so happy you returned…look forward to all the new tips and tricks i will learn from you…:wink:

Thank you, yeah, I’m really happy with what Z4 has to offer. Tons of new stuff to explore…it gonna take a while but I love it!

Here is an unposted Robo Forearm Wip. I used Z primitives, TONS of Z4 masking and clipping, and the new Z4/C4D GoZ functionality.

[Robo-Forearm-concept.jpg](javascript:zb_insimg(‘209704’,‘Robo-Forearm-concept.jpg’,1,0))

wow! incredible! awesome results

Another image for you all.

[Robo-Forearm-concept-Stage-02.jpg](javascript:zb_insimg(‘210007’,‘Robo-Forearm-concept-Stage-02.jpg’,1,0))

wow! that knife youve modeled entirely in zbrush is really impressive!:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

nice stuff and very well presented :smiley:

Ridiculously amazing modeling you have here, really inspiring me and while they are all great, that “EggBot” is in my eyes just the BEST! It’s structure and lines are exactly the kind of thing that someone who is not familiar with ZBrush would NOT expect to ever be able to be made inside of ZBrush.

ANY additional info, at any date in the future on your Egg Sentry Bot would be appreciated. But, even if not, kudos and thanks for the constant dose of inspirations!

Uber: Thank you. Was my first ever Beta Project too. I am proud and still astonished at how far I have come mechanically.

squidinc: Thanks man. I’ve been following your art a while myself. Made me open up C4D a lot more and now, next to Z, It is all I use.

AgentSmith: Thank you. I’m glad you are inspired! I will be making some tutorial info on him. A lot of people seem to like him. Ironically, it was a project that I had scrapped until I got the urge to finish what I started.
Still don’t like it as much as I should. But right now I am practicing more robo modeling and, one day, he will be as I want him. =)

OMG I really love this techno-sci-fi sort of stuff!! AWESOME!!!

again (after beta phase) the boat is cool!

Yiannis: Thank you =)

Been wanting to make a Jade material for years (even in C4D)! Took me 12 hours of tinkering and rendering (and tinkering and rendering and tinkering and rendering)…I finally came across something I’m happy with. Need to add veins and imperfections (with polypainting I suppose) but I feel the base material is ready.

[Jade-Manthis-Composite.jpg]

Lovely! Any chance making it public or it is rather your personal victory? :wink:

EEither way - great job!

that’s an awesome alien concept! definitely hope you paint him :slight_smile:

looks like the time spent was worth it. That is a nice blend of greens, The sculpt is also very cool.