ZBrushCentral

Chris Curtis Sketchbook (nudity)

Hey guys
It’s been quite some time since I’ve posted anything so I thought I’d start a sketchbook thread. I participated in the Action Hero Contest and that’s now over so maybe I can get some other works done :slight_smile:

Cane Toad - I watched Cesar Dacol’s Gnomonology toad tut and thought I’d make my own toad.

Toad Turntable - 29.5mb

Toad01.jpg

Attachments

Toad02.jpg

Snail_b_WIP3.jpg

Snail_b_WIP2.jpg

Snail_b_WIP1.jpg

HeadMorph1.jpg

HeadMorph2.jpg

HeadMorphTest.gif

Nitrate_Render_Final_02.jpg

Nitrate_Render_Final_03.jpg

Wow, really nice works here Captain Sensible…I really like the Toad…excellent work on the morph head too :+1: :+1:

Nice Frog texture, maybe a little more Shinny the eye and skin, nice work :+1:

Like I said, subscribing… ! The toad is beautiful. The bust is very well executed. About the contest: it’s a shame I never got to comment on your work cause you did great and got the job done in time! :+1: !

Hey there Captain! Your entry turned out well man, congrats! Excellent paint job, and her face is really appealing with a great expression.

I hope to see much more coming down the line, your work on this thread is beautiful and it’s only gonna keep getting better. Oh, and I recognized that “mouthy” snail straight away! I have Neville’s Gnomon DVD on painting flesh - even though it’s about 2D work you wouldn’t believe how helpful that was for my texturing skills. You should definately watch it if you haven’t already.

Hey Captain,:slight_smile: the toad looks really great!
Love the colours.
Just reminds me on some toad I encountered in my holidays a few years ago.
I´ve been in the carribean and that toad was as big as a head. I´ve never seen something like that before.
It´s been late at night…I couldn´t sleep beause it´s been sooo warm.
I went outside for a walk… and I saw that toad swimming in the pool. I wanted to help…so
I touched it and got it out of the pool…
Well…that toad (I can´t remeber the name… Aga toad? )it was poisonous :slight_smile: …can´t tell you how my hands started to itch and to hurt. :laughing: LOL…

I love the morph-head as well.
I´m curious how that works…
But I´m not going to ask you … I wouldn´t understand it.
Maybe in a year or so.:wink:

And last but not least-congrats to Nitrate. :+1:

SolidSnakexxx: Thanks. The morph head is quite old now though but I thought it was worth adding as a sketch.

Etcher: Thank you. I’ll be keeping an eye on your thread too. Don’t worry about the contest comments. I never even got to see half the amazing entries that were being done, let alone comment on them too!!!

petekasim: Thanks. I hope to continue working on the snail. I didn’t even know Neville Page’s image was part of a tutorial until someone mentioned it to me. I’ll definitely have too look into getting it.

Moni-Poroni: Thanks. I just did a search on the Aga toad. It means giant toad apparently. I hope you didn’t do any damage to your hands! The head morph is pretty straight forward. It’s just a blend between 2 objects in Maya with a blend between their displacement maps. 2 keyframes for the mesh and 2 for the maps. I was inspired by Taron to create it. Congrats to Deaf Destiny too. You managed to capture a very feminine character :+1:

Here’s some more. These were some football trophies I was asked to make at work. The World Cup and UEFA Cup were heavily sculpted in ZBrush. The FA Cup was just detailed in ZBrush. Rendered in MR.

[[attach=129265]WorldCup.jpg[/attach]]WorldCup.jpg
[[attach=129266]UEFACup.jpg[/attach]]UEFACup.jpg
[[attach=129267]FACup.jpg[/attach]]FACup.jpg

Hi Captain, those look great! You say made them for work, do you mind telling us how they where used? :+1: !

Hey Etcher, Sorry, I should have said. I do stuff for sports channels. These haven’t been used yet but will eventually be part of some opening titles for their relevant TV programs.

Thanks for the compliment. :slight_smile:
Great work with the trophies!
PS:I can see the German flag. hehe

Thanks Moni-Poroni! I managed to get most of the flags in there. But at work we couldn’t recognise what the black flag to the right of the German one is.

Are we going to be seeing a sketchbook from you? :wink:

Hey, regarding the black flag… hmm… really don´t know. :slight_smile:
And regarding my sketchbook… yes…you´ll see it in a few weeks or so. :slight_smile:
I´m working on it.
Eveyday a few hours in my sparetime. I don´t have something done before the contest-only pactising with Polyspheres and only one test model to learn how the Zspheres, the brushes, the alphas and so on work.
That´s why I have nothing to show right now. :slight_smile:
Cheers.

The trophies look great. Nitrate turned out really nice too. Good job. :+1:

Moni-Poroni: I look forward to seeing it :wink:

jackdaniels666: Thanks man. It was fun to watch DankWing Duck come to life :smiley:

Nice work you have going here! Those trophies look really neat. Good to see your contest entry here too–turned out well. She really ‘pops’ with those colors and lighting. :+1:

hey cris,

you have some awesome works in here! i love the idea of the dangerous snail!
keep them coming! :slight_smile:

hey Chris,
you have some awesome works in here!
totally agree :slight_smile:

Keep it up Chris !

Thanks for the kind words guys! Very motivating. Off on my hols tomorrow and hope to post some updates when I get back.

Keep sculpting everyone and I look forward to seeing more wonderful work from you all on my return :wink:

Hi Captain! Welcome home! Hope you had a great vacation!

But, now… it’s time to get back in the saddle!!!

So, what about those updates man! :smiley: !

See ya!

-Etcher-