ZBrushCentral

Silvaticus` sculpts thread

With so much amazing work posted here it`s hard to take the decision and post something.
These are some of my sculpts done with zbrush over the past months, the first ugly dude is finished(it was done for a challenge), the dragon and the horned one are in progress.
snailagain700x1024.jpg

Around 100% Zbrush, sharpenend a little in Photoshop.

Attachments

crazydragon4.jpg

sad2.jpg

BEAUTIFUL SCULPTS!!! On the dragon did you just use an alpha and mask it off for the scales? im having a hard time creating scales on a snake im modeling right now. thanks!

it`s hard to take the decision and post something

The quality of your work makes that the easiest decison
to make.
Great images!!!

Certainly no need for you to hesitate posting. These are some very creatively unique creations. great work =)

These all look great. I really like your dragon too. It looks like a real plastic model or something, very clean mesh.

DAnconia, thank you- for the scales I used an alpha made by myself.
Recipe: a flattened sphere with a little adjustment dropped on the canvas many times to form the scales, then grab doc and make it an alpha, radial fade increased, standard brush, drag rect stroke. It will look better when I`ll go up one more subdivision level, I hope. No masks, they are not my friends :slight_smile:

bicc, thank you, it`s nice to hear that from you.

Oh, thanks to smokebox(whats the meaning of that name, btw?) and woody too. Im glad the dragon looks like that, my intention was to make it look like an action figure. Its pretty hard to render that in zbrush, at least for me, so Im still searching for a good light setup. Any suggestions would be more than welcomed.

you’re welcome =)

smokebox is the name of the graphic on the front of Tool’s album, Aenima, and Forty six & 2 is the name of a song from that album… just a combination of things from my favorite band :wink:

cause what i did was google snake scales, found a really great picture. threw it into PS and made a black and white alpha. made a stencil and tried it that way but it just looked like minced meat and not scales. tried the spray as well with varying degrees and that didnt work either. ill try it your way though and see what comes of it. im about to just mask each individual scale but that will take forever and i know there is a very easy way to take care of this. if not, then ill just use a premade alpha and call it a day. thanks for the reply.

hey all
i might be inthe wrong thread but i was hoping for a resonce soon so heer we go…
im trying to add another division to my model, i upped the max polys under the prefs, and i get a message saying i need to designate more ram to zbrush (i dont want to delete my lowest subd lvl)
i know ive seen other programs that re-arrange the windows memory page or w/e, is there a way to apply that to zbrush?

advice or refferal to the right thread would be much apreciated
thnx

Very cool stuff! Really love the little dragon!

These are exceptional stuff…really well sculpted… Love the little dragon too! :+1: :+1:

Hi Silvaticus! Great Works here!
I really love the CrazyDragon! :+1: :sunglasses:

Great sculpting! I love the dragon one especially

Excellent job :+1:small_orange_diamond:sunglasses:small_orange_diamond:+1:

Thanks for the replies, darukin, piz, solidsnake, Kraken.
A new render test on the dragon, he is the main wip now, I have to finish it in three days for a challenge. Im satisfied with it, except the wings and teeth, missing in this render and to be reworked. And the big darn problem, the shadows. One day Ill find the great secret, my renders in Zbrush look nicer than the first ones done 2 years ago so I hope the evolution won`t stop. No, I shall not render in another program :slight_smile:
crazydragon6.jpg

I like your render already and you model looks also cool :smiley: :+1:
But the dragon is a bit gliding over the ground. it would look better when you would bend one foot and place it on the ground :slight_smile:

yeah, I agree, and maybe little bend in the arm would help it look less rigid. Such a great model though, the color & proportions are so good! And the tongue hanging out is really fun! :+1: :+1: :+1:

All those things will be fixed. I do want it to look a little bit rigid, like a toy, thats why there will be no more bend on the toes/feet. But the foot will stay on the ground, it will be easier to fix when Ill ad that piece of ground as a subtool. Now they are separate meshes.

If you’re unhappy with the lighting and shading, you could always render out the image in several passes and then composite those in Photoshop.

For instance, you could paint everything a flat white then render that out as a diffuse layer then paint everything a shiny black then render that out as a specular layer and so on. You would have to tinker with the different layer blending modes till you got what you liked.

Thanks, Woody. I know that way, theoretically, I`ll try it one day. Just that it seems boring to move sliders until you get what you want. Maybe less boring than waiting for a render to complete.