ZBrushCentral

Making Time For Art #3 - "Clay Time"

Hi :slight_smile:

Here at Pixologic, it is always exciting when we get ready to release a new version of ZBrush.

I would like to share some of this excitement with you by posting a recently recorded movie in the Z4R2 beta.

The movie is a recording of my ‘Clay Time’ sessions, which are one hour recording condensed into 5 minutes of playback.
In “Clay Time” sessions, I simply select a simple mesh (such as the ‘default sphere’), activate DynaMesh and start creating.

As demonstrated in the movie, DynaMesh enables you to explore multiple concepts in a very short period of time.
You do not need to create a base mesh to fit your target-concept, or even have a specific concept in mind. You may simply select a sphere, activate DynaMesh, and let your creative juices flow!
It is exhilarating to freely shape the mesh and quickly explore many ideas until you arrive at a concept worthy of progressing into finer detail.

I hope that you enjoy this demonstration of DynaMesh and I am looking forward to seeing your “Clay Time” sessions beginning September 20th :slight_smile:

-Pixolator

cool cant wait

DynaMesh FTW !!

Wow, so this is Zbrush answer to Voxel sculpting?

My character/creature modeling just got easier… but I hope this doesn’t replace using Zspheres, unless i can activate dynamesh on that too…

woah, artist dreams come to be true with this new version !!!

The most needed update to the most used tool in the digital sculptor’s toolset!
I have been waiting for this for a long time now :slight_smile:

I can’t wait to use DynaMesh. Can it be activated after creating an Adaptive Skin from Zspheres?

wow :open_mouth:

Wow, nice!!! Can we dig holes?

Oh yeh oh yes oh yes ! I kept dreaming of a future where i would be able to do that ! It’s not that far away now, thank you pixo’s !!

This is a completely new stage, that is so many new possibilities and freedom. Great!

I’m totally happy and loving this. I especially dug how you cut away a chunk of the mesh like you were using clay :slight_smile:

Cheers!

~t

It is just like sculptris+meshmixer in one.

Great more sleepless nights waiting… Pixo you bring the kid out in me…:lol:

oh my god! That’s amazing!!!

Man, I am speechless. Wow!
Me really want!

this is great!

now relaxing facial features an resculpting is something we can already do…extending dynamically the mesh now that is very cool… cutting it very cool too now we only need the ability to carve or scoop out holes qnd negative spaces and also merge shapes and then only we would be entitled to call this digital Clay…Clay allows me to make a hole or blend two separated pieces …not until Zbrush can do just excatlt this it will be clay

great work !

WOW AWESOME :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1:

er … if you are to animate it … it will make for horrible topology no ? still pretty cool … for concepts it’s gonna be great , so , I’m not gonna spoil the joy , cause it’s overall great news ^^ just raised a few questions in my mind ( but it’s cool , it’s better to have criticism because you innovate rather than get no attention of all because you stagnate hu ? )