ZBrushCentral

Mime!

Hey guys! I just got into the wonderful world of CG a few months ago in order to fulfill my dreams of working for the likes of Tim Burton or Pixar someday. After fiddling around with a few of the traditional apps and finding too much box modeling really is not my style, I came across Zbrush and have fallen in love ever since. I caught wind of these forums directly after and have been looking at all of your amazing works every day. It’s a real inspiration getting to see such great works and reading posts from legends like Rick Baker, and great artists like Alessandro Baldasseroni and Ralf Stumpf. Anyway! This is my first sculpt I’ve ever taken to final polypaint, even though it is still a WIP. I’m still learning the ways of creating interesting renders and lighting and things like that, but these forums and community have been a huge help already though I’ve been a little afraid to actually post anything yet. Hope you guys like it, and any comments and honest criticisms are fully welcomed!

All done completely in Zbrush except the stand and the final compositing.

very nice job. I like his facial expression.

@ Fatimah, thanks man! Glad you like it :slight_smile:

Here is part of the process from initial base to final paint. I can flesh it out more and show the original zsphere base and stuff too if anybody wants. Hope you guys like it

a bit cartoony for my style but looks really really nice how long you been working in zbrush for im working with maya for school but when i found zbrussh i gag at maya bugt i know im gonna use it for mental ray so meh…nice work though!

@driaan.claassen

Hey thank you :slight_smile: I love monsters and I love some of the hyper realistic stuff a lot of people here post, but I grew up on Tim Burton, Henry Selick, Disney and Pixar films so it’s always been what I’m most inspired by. I’ve been Zbrushing for about 3 months now. I love it more than any box modeling, but I found that Maya still has a few things that can be done quicker than if you were to try to do it in Zbrush

Just a quick tournaround shot and a screen grab of the zsphere base I made to sculpt the bust out of. Nothing fancy, but gets the job done. I know when I was first starting out, I thought you guys had to have these huge elaborate zsphere bases to make anything worthwhile, but I learned otherwise and hopefully other newbies can get this info too. Any crits guys? :slight_smile:

TurnaroundRender.jpg

Attachments

ZsphereBase.jpg

This looks cool, like the cartoony style. The only comment would be on the neck muscle (the sternocleidomastoid), I think it’s a little too pronounced and a bit too boxy. Nice job! :+1:

@DiegoMT

Thanks dude :slight_smile: a lot of inspiration here, but I’m just trying to let my own style come out. You’re totally right about the sternocleidomastoid, I wanted to exaggerate it quite a bit to compliment his really long neck, but it’s definitely too boxy and lumpy I think. Thanks again :+1: