ZBrushCentral

GoZ - with Photoshop Support

GoZ.jpg

As part of our commitment to expanding the capabilities of GoZ, Pixologic is pleased to announce the release of our first GoZ update! This update resolves minor issues reported by users of various applications. It also expands support to include modo 501 and Cinema 4D R12.

Model Courtesy of Daniel Crossland

With this update, GoZ also now supports Photoshop! If you have the Extended version of either Photoshop CS4 or CS5, GoZ now makes it possible to paint directly on your model’s texture rather than using PolyPaint. As a result, texture painting can be completely independent of your model’s resolution. Simply click the GoZ button to send your model and its texture to Photoshop. There, paint whatever you’d like, in full 3D. You can even flatten the map and paint in 2D – with or without a visible wireframe! When done, send your model back to ZBrush and the texture will automatically update so that you’ll be ready to continue working.

:large_orange_diamond: CLICK HERE for introduction and tutorial videos.

:large_orange_diamond: This plugin is available with ZBrush 4R6.

:large_orange_diamond: Installation

IMPORTANT: GoZ is installed automatically as part of ZBrush 4R6. The installers at the Pixologic Download Center are ONLY for users who accidentally uninstalled GoZ by removing an earlier release of ZBrush after having installed ZBrush 4R6. If that does not apply to you and you are having issues with GoZ please submit a Supportticket.

:large_orange_diamond: Frequently Asked Questions

Q: Which software is supported?
A:

• Maya 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012
  • 3DSMax 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012
  • modo 401 SP4-5, 501 SP1-SP2
  • Cinema4D R11, R12, R13
  • Photoshop CS4 Extended, CS5 Extended
*Note: Mac users need to use the 32-bit version of Photoshop.

Q: Is Maya 2008 is supported?
A: Officially, no but it is working! We are unable to provide support for this version, however.

Q: Are 3DS Max 9 or modo 301 supported? (Or other officially supported applications with different version numbers?)
A: As the target applications behaviors or internal ways of working may change between versions, we can only support specific versions of any particular application. We do our best to support as many versions as possible but there are limits. Don’t forget that you can still edit the topology in any other external 3D package using the OBJ format and import it back to ZBrush while keeping its details!

Q: What about “X” Software?
A: We currently only support the programs listed above. Expect new supported software in the future!

Q: I don’t see the GoZ buttons/menus or nothing happens when I try to send my model back to ZBrush from my target application.
A: This is because the installation of the GoZ files in the target application has failed, either partially or in full. This is most often due to permissions issues. Try to force the installation of the GoZ files by going to the ZBrush Preferences >> GoZ menu and clicking the Force Reinstall button. Next, select the application in the list that you want to reinstall. When prompted, accept the permission warning message or enter your administrator login and password, even if you are logged under an account which has administrator privileges.

If this operation fails as well, check the GoZ_Troubleshooting.pdf file located in the folder where you unzipped the GoZ update archive file.

Q: When clicking on the GoZ button, GoZ isn’t launching the correct application. How can I fix that?
A: In the ZBrush Preferences >> GoZ menu, click on Update path to [your application], then select from the applications found by ZBrush or if ZBrush can’t find the application by itself click on the Browse button and select the application’s executable file. To avoid potential issues after this step, click on the Force Reinstall button (also found in the GoZ Preferences) and select your application.

Q: When sending my model from my target application to ZBrush after editing the topology, the polygons are screwed up. How can I fix that?
A: This occurs when the projection range is too high. Undo the import in ZBrush with CTRL/Command+Z. In the Tool >> SubTool menu, reduce the value of the Dist slider (found to the right of the Project All button) to a lower value such as 0.01. You may try other values.

Q : I have scale/position issues when working with modo and GoZ, what am I doing wrong?
A: When manipulating your model in modo, don’t forget to do your operations in vertex/edge/polygon mode rather than Item mode. This is because Item mode is similar to editing the object’s bounding box and not really the geometry itself.*

Q: I can’t find the displacement map in 3DS Max. Where is it?
A: The displacement map is located in the Mental Ray connection as GoZ enables Mental Ray as the default rendering engine.

Q: Can I change the location of the GoZ folders? (By default, they are located in the Users\Public\Pixologic* or Users/Shared/Pixologic folder.)
A: Not at this time.

Q: Is the GoZ SDK available?
A: Yes! For any queries concerning the GoZ SDK please send an email to GoZSDK@pixologic.com. Include your first name, last name, company name and the application (including any in-house studio application) you would like to support.

© 2011 Pixologic, Inc. All rights reserved, Pixologic and the Pixologic logo, ZBrush, and the ZBrush logo are registered trademarks of Pixologic. Various patents pending. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.

ZBCThumb1.jpg

Amazing news! Congrats on releasing a new patch for GoZ! Downloading and will try asap!

Yippppeeeeeeee! MODO 5.01 support! . Awesome work guys - as usual .

:smiley:

Great job!!! you guys are the best!!! :+1:

Thank you for the modo 501 update, and photoshop support! kudos :+1: :smiley:

Wuhuu… Thank you PIXOLOGIC!! :slight_smile:

Great. Really happy with it. I just wish to know why you cant tell us whats coming and always that must be a mistery. Anyways - I guess I will never know so… Thx - will be testing with modo 501 soon…

works fine with 64 bit CS5…thanks Pixo

Another great Extension! :smiley:

Whoa cool! :grimacing: :+1:

but still no GoZ for xsi :frowning:

guys really thats not funny, where is GoZ for XSI?=(

Does this mean the GoZ SDK is finally released?

Please, i beg of you to make a GoZ for autodesk xsi…

however its a great update with a photoshop GoZ surprise, but a little issue am having Maya 2012 when i press the GoZ button every time it launch a new maya window please suggest to fix this… :+1:

The main thing holding back third-party GoZ development at this point is the absence of the GoZ SDK. It’s possible to code interchange solutions without it, but it means devs have to code up custom UIs in ZB4 to handle the ZB end of interchange, while the GoZ SDK would (theoretically) allow adding them to the existing GoZ menus and workflow. That’s why I’m hoping this release means the GoZ SDK is finally available.

Please, for all issues or problems, use this dedicated thread: http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthread.php?t=93841

new addition to the gem!:+1:

This is great! And super fast! Thanx Pixologic! Awesome!

That’s wonderful!Thanks very much!

cool