ZBrushCentral

LBelerique sketchbook

skHello there.

I know these forums for a while and finally decided to dive in :) I would like to show you a sculpt I made in Z4 of Deckard, for a modeling challenge at CGTalk. It was a great way to introduce myself with ZBrush 4, although I still don't quite grasp fully the materials, but BPR and spotlight are awesome. [deckard_beauty_render_final.jpg[/ATT]%3C/font%3E"]![deckard_beauty_render_final.jpg|1000x1484](upload://iOYYnVzWYtbCkCnosob8Cswc8d1.jpeg)](http://%3Cfont%20color=%22#9A9A9A%22%3E[ATT=244592) Although I consider this one finished, mainly because I've reached the deadline, also because after working for a while on something, I need to start something fresh :) Anyway, comments and critique are welcomed, to be applied on future works. Cheers!

Attachments

other_views-resize.jpg

Please attach pics! I want to see!!!
:cry:

Hey Toruk_makto, thanks for the heads-up; the thread didn’t appear for some time, I suppose it’s because I’m a new user.
Sorry for the mix-up with the images, I think it’s all right now.

Cheers,

Very nice!
Sorry about the post i made. The images had an error message on them…
In any case, it looks great.
It’s a good likeness, and the pose is very good.
:+1:

Thanks, Toruk_makto.
No problem actually, I’m glad you warned about the images, because I’m new to this forum I’ll have to get used to this :slight_smile:

Here are some close-ups on the blaster:

[blaster_final_render.jpg[/ATT]%3Cbr%20/%3E%0A%3Cbr%20/%3E%0A%3C/font%3E"]

%3Cbr%20/%3E%0A%3Cbr%20/%3E%0A%3C/font%3E"] ](http://%3Cfont%20color=%22#9A9A9A%22%3E[ATT=244686)

Love the subject and the the outcome. It’s evident from the posted images you were able to capture Deckard’s essence quite accurately. The final screen-grabs do not do your sculpts justice however. Amazing nonetheless. Surprised there are not more comments. Keep up the good work.

Awesome sculpt dude!! It would be awesome if you could show how u made the blaster!

Yes. Totally incredible.
The third and fourth images from the first post are so totally Harrison ford that it’s scary!

Thanks 3dnv, AVBN5000 and Toruk_makto :slight_smile:

AVBN5000, the blaster was made mostly in Blender, the painting and imprinting the finer details (the “made in austia” and other engravings) was done in ZB.

The basemesh has more quad density in some areas, to better sculpt the engraved letters and Zproject the holster details.

[deckard_blaster_basemesh.jpg[/ATT]%3C/font%3E"]deckard_blaster_basemesh.jpg](http://%3Cfont%20color=%22#9A9A9A%22%3E[ATT=244767)

Attachments

deckard_blaster_basemesh_small.jpg

Lovely. Such an iconic gun, held by an iconic cop.

rad work dude! Was this just for fun? and are you going to turn it into a game model or somethin?

Thanks explodingseashells :slight_smile:

I’ve done this to participate in a modeling challenge at CGtalk, the topic was Sci-Fi Icon. There are some great works on that challenge, some of them made by folk that frequent ZbrushCentral also, if I’m not mistaken, so the chances of winning are slim, but it was great to practice, and to put some pressure to excel my work, and I’m happy with the final result :slight_smile:

Don’t know if I’ll make a game model, the thought has crossed my mind, let’s see what the future brings :wink:

Hey guys.

I've decided to change this thread to a sketchbook, after seeing some awesome examples here. Lately I've been testing several renderers to re-render some sculpts. Here's an old sculpt, of Michelangelo's David, that was decimated in Zbrush and imported and rendered in Blender 2.56a (with minor tweaks in brightness and contrast). [david_blender_render_2.jpg[/ATT]%3C/font%3E"]![david_blender_render_2.jpg|1200x589](upload://fabiIViRogJazazHnutmSdtPCj9.jpeg)](http://%3Cfont%20color=%22#9A9A9A%22%3E[ATT=245897) I still want to try out V-Ray for this one, or other sculpts, but I have to study it a little more. Cheers,

This is already shaping up to be an excellent sketchbook thread LBelerique. I’m loving all of the work so far. Your a very versital sculpter/modeler. Kudos.

Ezra

Thanks EZRA52

Here’s another study on rendering David, this one with 3DS Max and V-Ray.
It’s time to start something fresh with ZBrush, sketching out ideas…

david_VRAY_02.jpg

Cheers,

Attachments

david_VRAY_02-thumb.jpg

Very nice work :slight_smile: and the render its very cool too.
I was going to say that the head looked a bit big, but i saw some reference and it’s very well executed

Thanks karmajf :slight_smile:

Yeah, Michelangelo may have changed the proportions of the upper portion original statue, making them bigger than what is anatomically correct, because the statue was planned to be put high on a church, and he wanted that the proportions looked correct seen from below, and tried to compensate for the perspective effect.
From wikipedia:

“The proportions of the David are atypical of Michelangelo’s work; the figure has an unusually large head and hands (particularly apparent in the right hand). These enlargements may be due to the fact that the statue was originally intended to be placed on the cathedral roofline, where the important parts of the sculpture would necessarily be accentuated in order to be visible from below.”

Too bad the statue was put at ground level after all :stuck_out_tongue:

Very good job. I like David Model quite a lot

A wonderful study on a great sculpt (also famous for those proportions issues)
Digging your blender renders, try latest builds from graphicall.org, not the official one. Try displacements because you can use them for the first subs and the rest as bumps (using disp map too). There are new options for this on the bottom of normals parameters (use best quality and negative values)
The use of hdr-map indirect lighting is a must.
Excellent study :+1:

Thanks fatimah and michalis :slight_smile:

About Blender displacement; I’ll admit I haven’t looked much at that part lately, been focused n improving modeling and sculpting skills, but I saw some works posted in blenderartist forums that were mindblowing, using displacement. So, thanks for the heads up michalis :wink:

EDIT: Heheh, I saw now that the work I saw posted in BA was yours, michalis, excellent job! :smiley:

Cheers,