ZBrushCentral

Hitch**** and Aliens

Over the past weeks I’ve had the opportunity to work in some personal pieces, here they are.

First its a set of 2 portraits, all done in Zbrush, polypainting and BPR render assembled and tweaked in photoshop:

and here are some viewport grabs:

And finally a more realistic render, a alien character being interviewed.
Modelled, textured and posed in Zbrush. THe rest was in 3Ds max.

And other shots of the alien:

![Alien_Details.jpg|1100x905](upload://5l9EM83zGYomFNHlwbtIjA4IoGu.jpeg)![Hitchcock.jpg|1100x986](upload://5cyqwcbSV9JQXhxqBR5fyVHVjyM.jpeg)![Ginger.jpg|1100x970](upload://7F2pQ1ZZ0wWvDm5Dc27H4HAFt28.jpeg)![Hitchock_Zbrush.jpg|1100x1317](upload://dTX6e3ktpWGiMXa9J56e44lCexa.jpeg)![Ginger_Zbrush.jpg|1100x1600](upload://ycd70ueHs0taEA2RtNhEFM9DnXy.jpeg)![Alien_interview.jpg|1024x553](upload://xzFn5lNxpg96klllOMcDr0dcrxr.jpeg)![Alien.jpg|1000x1107](upload://k8wMfw8LmhUGfOoSTJXuS1vBbdR.jpeg)![Alien_Details.jpg|1100x905](upload://5l9EM83zGYomFNHlwbtIjA4IoGu.jpeg)![Alien_Interview_H.jpg|1100x830](upload://rNpv9lh6NKr0HFIYTjfuwvnb9e.jpeg)

Attachments

Alien_Details.jpg

Hitchcock.jpg

Ginger.jpg

Hitchock_Zbrush.jpg

Ginger_Zbrush.jpg

Alien_Details.jpg

Alien_Interview_H.jpg

Hahaha, that alien is awesome! :smiley: But the expression is kinda weird. I can’t make out the setting. Good work! I hope you post more stuff in the days to come! :slight_smile: The caricature looks like somebody from GodFather :wink:
Very good job!

I like these images

Well done!

Coooool alien! :lol:

Nice work, like the alien and his render. “Hitch-asterisk-asterisk-asterisk-asterisk” has been discovered by the smutbot. :slight_smile:
I once made a Zbrush pu$$ycat and it got asterisked too…

I’m in love with your work. Its inspiring, honest. great work :+1:

I love it all! For me the interview is top row! love the style and the pose and everything. Perhaps some more detail in the backround, other than that nicely done. Do you mind posting some details and settings from max? Was it done with vray sss and what settings did you use.

I’ll be checking this thread more! :+1: :+1: :+1:

Superb works dude. the alien execution is so cool :wink:

hi man! really cool the alien, i like shader and texturing, and i think there’s a good lighting…good job :slight_smile:

The alien render came out really nice.

Thanks for the feedback!

Here are some other expressions I tried and light tests. I wonder if I have to go back and try another couple expressions, his shoulders are supposed to be tense and he should come out as a bit unconfortable.

I also feel, because of his eyebrows, he can look very agressive very easily. For the rendering I used Mental Ray.Render.jpgnew_poseB1.jpg

The alien is super cool :sunglasses: :+1:

Inspirational stuff here man… :+1: 5 stars from my side… Potential top row :+1:

Wow! I love that alien! Brilliant! 5*!

Much better lighting and expression. I f you where aiming for uncomfortable I think you’re better with the second render. Not so sure about the shoulders though, maybe closer to his neck? Again nicely done man

Great!! i like it… :+1: :slight_smile:

Hello guys,

I’ve decided to try another version, to get it even better :smiley:
I went back to Zbrush and detailed the leather on the headphones and made a new expression to try to get more personality. Also added an ashtray and some paper to balance the composition.

What you guys think?

![Poster_new_low.jpg|1100x830](upload://oz2RcWJONh72MTOj7BovIWhg59Z.jpeg)

Attachments

Poster_new_low.jpg

i think the mods should replace the top row image. Congrats.
super random question, but how “old” is the alien supposed to be. i don’t know why, but he feels like he’s in his early 20’s to me, in human years of course :smiley:

The render on the bust is wicked cool! But I have to scratch my head at the comments about body language and expressons…it’s a frickin’ ALIEN, people!!!

Well deserved on the top row.