ZBrushCentral

The Grenadier

Hi Guys,
It’s been a while since I’ve posted anything, but I’ve been practicing up! This is a character I just couldn’t get out of my head so I started fussing with it around mid February. The idea is that this guy is a biologically augmented officer in an alternate reality where WWII has never really ended. You can see this in his just slightly more modern gear, like the pistol. There was also some subtle BSG influence. His unit mainly uses chemical grenades in their ongoing struggle to end this bloody war, a somewhat backwark idea, by design.

I used the hell out of Noisemaker + Layers (thanks Etcher), Dynamesh, Shadowbox, Spotlight, Matchmaker, and a variety of the other small improvements that have been made to ZB in v4. Also used was Topogun and 3Ds Max, with Maya and Unfold3D for the UVs (to aid the Polypainting process).

So, texture is next. Hope you like!

-Chris

Attachments

Turnaround.jpg

Detail.jpg

Wire.jpg

WeaponDetail.jpg

BandoleerBeltDetail.jpg

This is kind of amazing… Just saying…

yeah, its pretty awesome!

Amazing!..great model.

Insane detailing on the bandolier - kudos. The rest of the model kinda blends into one hard-to-read mass right now, but that´s probably just the material. I´ve read that you´re going to texture him as well. Textures should bring the rest of him to life, so I´m definitely looking forward to the progress. Keep us posted.

Great stuff! definitely subscribing to this thread :slight_smile:

Really Great work! :+1:

beautiful work. The motion of the pose is fantastic! And the detail in the sculpt is great. Top row work!

flawless work, the fabric work is amazing

WOOW, great sculpting, great pose and very dynamic. Top Row IMO!!!

Nice! Great detailing and movement

Man, amazing pose, details, model! Everything is awesome!

Congrats! :+1:

Nicely done

Awesome dude!
The posing is totally powerfull.
If you have some walkthrough, be free to show us how you did those crazy details. This is insane… O_o

incredibly well executed! I would love to see some progress shots if you have any. Amazing work!

Good stuff!

now that is the ticket dude! I really love the energy of this character.

Great pose! Awesome detailing! TOP ROW work!

Wow great work! Great use of Noise Maker. It’s funny but I my eyes keep going back and oogling the boots and base. I really like that part for some reason.

I’d love to see the un-posed model if you have any shots of that! :smiley:

Great work dude! Really nice, strong pose. Keep it up! :+1: