ZBrushCentral

arnold schwarzenegger pumping iron

Hi everyone, I wanted to share some of my recent work. I’ve been sculpting and animating a model of arnie from his pumping iron days. I have used maya for the rigging and animation and have combined this with bshapes generated in zbrush. Up to now I have been concentrating on the sculptural and deformation aspects but I will be adding a colour pass with some high res stills soon. Here is a link to a HD youtube clip, thanks for watching :wink:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xb7josFhTec

Attachments

thumb.jpg

Incredible work - wonder how long it took to model, and how long to rig, and how long to animate and how long to render…sigh

really amazing work!

Awesome work.

Very very nice work indeed! Look forward to seeing more of your work! Cheers, David :smiley:

hi guys, thanks so much for the positive comments and taking the time to look. I’m collating some of my work from the past year at the moment and getting a new reel together. Here is a sculpt i did last year, just getting some turntables together. Hope you like :slight_smile:

lino5.jpg

lino4.jpg

lino3.jpg
lino_new_render.jpg

Attachments

lino_new_render2.jpg

I saw this this morning when I checked ZBC as I usually do every morning and thought it was cool. Checked back at lunchtime to see all the comments that I expected this would get and am totally surprised that there were none. Boy I remember the days here on ZBC when if something like this appeared there would be many pages of comments by now. So even though I am extremely busy at the moment I will comment. This is Cool! I like the idea of a lion man centaur guy and I think this is well done. I appreciate the work you put into this and would love to see a turntable when you get the chance. I also thought your Arnold was really cool. Keep up the great work. I must admit I am partial to animal men though.

Wow! I missed this before but it looks outstanding!

Trying to get better at commenting and staying current with whats going on. Doesn’t help that my computer is down so I do this at work.

Anyways this looks really cool. Kinda feels like it should be in Narnia lol. Keep up the good work!

thanks alot for the cool comments guys ;-). Monstermaker I really appreciate you taking time out to comment, I’ve been a huge fan of your work since i can remember and its a real buzz getting positive feedback from the king of creature effects. Anyway guys I’ve uploaded a render on to youtube, hope you enjoy… and remember, stay of the moors lads!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCGdn47a7CQ&feature=channel

hello all,
I had to leave this piece on the burner for a while but I’ve returned to work on the texturing and shading. I’ve used mental ray for rendering with the fast sss shader. The hair was created using poly planes with alpha transparency. If you’d like to see the animated clip it can be viewed here

thanks for watching :slight_smile:

head_front.jpghead_side.jpg

pose6.jpg

pose4.jpg

Wow, looks awesome. More details wouldn’t hurt, like higher res texture (kinda blurry) though.

First of all Welcome to ZbrushCentral :slight_smile:
I can just concur with greatluffy, really nice job! Look alike are pretty hard but you’ve did a really nice work on the body!
Definently keep up the hard work and looking forward to your process!:+1:
All the best and happy zbrushing,

• Kenny :slight_smile:

I like it.And with high res texture and good render it will look great.All the Best

Most Zbrush work is still static , you did animated so great job !

Looking cool! The animation was really fun.

Very cool, I really enjoyed the animation too! Great job!

Thanx for the feedback guys, and taking the time to look! hmm I think I’ll return to the colour map and sharpen it up - now you mention it. Also i want to try out some renders in vray when i can get s decent understanding of it

Hi all. I’ve been working on these textures and and trying out some new renders in mental ray.Here’s the lastest work I have to show. thanks for looking :wink:

closeup_hair.jpg

chest_hair_depthfield_adjusted.jpg

hair_45.jpg

Wireframe with textures

chest_bald_lev2_wireframe4.jpg

he’s back…

(sorry, had to - ha!)

The face is very well done :slight_smile: