ZBrushCentral

Canvas Color Palette (ZB4r4)

Canvas Color Palette ( ZB4r4 )

Updated Canvas Color Palette for ZB4r4. See:
http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthread.php?76965-Canvas-Color-Palette-(zb3-1-amp-zb3-5)

Updates:

• Compiled for ZB4r4.
  • Checks to see if there is an extension, and adds one if it does not exist.

I’ve included the ZScript and source code in the zip.

Attachments

ccp_zbc_thumb01.jpg

canvas_color_palette_1.2_4.4.zip (8.96 KB)

Hi toddp.
ZIP file is empty.

That zip file is empty :confused:

EDIT: Heh, beaten to it.

Ooops. The zip file has been re-uploaded.

Thanks toddp, this is so useful :slight_smile:

Just figured out that I can set my swatch size to, for example, 50x50, fill the 10 slots with colours, then change the swatches to a smaller size like 40x40 and stack another 10 swatches over the top. As long as you save the swatches out between changing the scale you can then load them back in order next time its required, and even have each set in a different location on the screen.

Best plugin I’ve found in a long time and should be integrated into future versions of ZB :cool:

scNdX.jpg

Monophobe - Thank you for the compliment. I’m glad the plugin is useful to you.

Nice plugin - can you make it to load Photoshop ASE, .ACT or .ACO files?

Unfortunately no. I guess there could be a way to do it if I wrote a parser or if ZB imports the file formats you listed. Neither of which are possible at the moment.

What you can do is take a screen grab of your Photoshop palette, import it then load it into your background.

Hi there!

First allow me to say, your plugin is awesome and I’ve found it very useful so far. My problem is, with ZB4R4, the message on image I’m attaching to this post started appearing. Do you know if I can do something to solve this? I’d really like to keep the plugin on my workflow :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Attachments

colorPalette4.4_01.jpg

colorPalette4.4_02.jpg

It appears that the plugin itself is not in your “/APPLICATIONS/ZBRUSH)SX 4R4/ZStartup/ZPlugs” folder. That folder should have a file named “canvas_color_palette_1.2_4.4.zsc”. If not, re-dowload the file from the top post and copy the file to that folder.

Hey toddp :slight_smile:

I’m afraid that should not be the case; I have the files in the ZPlugs directory, as you can see, and have tried redownloading and replacing the files, but had no luck so far… I am using MacOSX but I don’t think that is a problem since the plugin was working before. Any other ideas?

Thanks!

Attachments

colorPaletteFolder.jpg

If the plugin was working with ZBrush 4r4 and one day stopped working, then something may have happened on your end. Maybe another plugin is conflicting, there is a file permission issue, etc.

The plugin works on my end for ZBrush 4r4 but I don’t have a Mac, so I can’t say for sure that the plugin works for OSX.

What you can do is this:

• Close ZBrush
  • Delete the file “/APPLICATIONS/ZBRUSHOSX 4R4/ZStartup/ZPlugs/canvas_color_palette_1.2_4.4.zsc”
  • Restart ZBrush
  • Click “Zscript -> Load”
  • In the browser that opens, select the file “/APPLICATIONS/ZBRUSHOSX 4R4/ZStartup/ZPlugs/canvas_color_palette_1.2_4.4.txt” <-- this is the source code
  • Look for “Zplugin -> Canvas Color Palette”
  • Place any tool on the canvas and enter edit mode
  • Try to use Canvas Color Palette
  • If it works, you can close ZBrush and restart. The plugin should load automatically if it is in the “ZStartup/ZPlugs” folder.

If that does not work, then there is something else happening. There is something else you can try that’s more drastic, so let me know if this works.

Hi toddp,

So, this kinda worked. Basically, it allows me to load up the plugin, and use it, but the error still comes up everytime I open ZBrush so if I want to use it I need to reload again, then load a UI file that has it docked in place. Takes a bit more time, but it works nonetheless :slight_smile: if you have more ideas they’d be welcome, but at least I can get it to work now :smiley:

Thanks

HI, have you got this plugin for 4r5. the one 4r4 is not working for 4r5. It worked before and suddenly one day its stopped working and when ever i click the button its creates the single plane in different sub tool scene. i really like you plugin and missing it so much, cant work easy with out color canvas am so addictive. any help would appreciated… :cool:

Unfortunately I use ZBrush at work and work uses 4r4 so I haven’t upgraded to 4r5 yet. Let me upgrade and I will test it and get back to you.