ZBrushCentral

Basic-Beginner ZBrush Tutorials with Closed Captioning

Hi this is Seavannah. I made a few tutorials on how to Use ZBrush for Beginner/basic users with Closed Captioning for the Hearing Impaired like me. YouTube has a newer feature that allows us to fix the Closed Captioning as well as Add notes and other things to our videos I hope you all will join me in making it accessible to all ZBrush users and those that have certain requirements to be able to follow your tutorials. Thank you all.

These tutorials have something wrong with the Audio that happened when I uploaded them to YouTube not sure why but Ear Phones will fix this problem and the closed caption works really well.

All Tutorials have HD capabilities as well.

All tutorials so far have been made with ZB4r3 so far but will also work with ZB4r4 as well.

More coming soon hope you enjoy and Happy ZBrushing!!!

ZBTut001-Introdution

Tutorial 1 Introduction for beginning users of ZBrush. In this tutorial I will show how to set up the ZBrush interface by changing the preference colors and layout of buttons to better suit your needs.

<iframe width=“640” height=“480” src=“http://www.youtube.com/embed/ll0jr9VkSAE” frameborder=“0” allowfullscreen></iframe>

ZBTut002a-Primitives

Tutorial 2 series Part A. In this tutorial ZBrush 3D Primitives, how to initialize them and how to form them into different 3D objects.

<iframe width=“640” height=“480” src=“http://www.youtube.com/embed/qi9Z-gjnf-Q” frameborder=“0” allowfullscreen></iframe>

ZBTut002b-ZSpheres

Tutorial 2 series Part B. In this tutorial how to make a 3D mesh using ZSpheres in ZBrush.

<iframe width=“640” height=“480” src=“http://www.youtube.com/embed/bZgJMCv1RRM” frameborder=“0” allowfullscreen></iframe>

ZBTut002c-Objects

Tutorial 2 series Part C. In this tutorial how to load an Object (.obj file) 3D Model you created in another program into ZBrush and how to set up PolyGroups and little bit on how to make a UV map

<iframe width=“640” height=“480” src=“http://www.youtube.com/embed/Rn8ZLhItuYI” frameborder=“0” allowfullscreen></iframe>

ZBTut002d-ShadowBox

Tutorial 2 series part D. ZBrush Shadow Box Tutorial. How to make 3d objects using shadow box and using the Clipping Brushes to refine and reshape them.

<iframe width=“640” height=“480” src=“http://www.youtube.com/embed/hNC1LeDacmk” frameborder=“0” allowfullscreen></iframe>

ZBTut003ab-PolyPaint

Tutorial series 3 Part 1. This tutorial is about Poly painting in ZBrush. Also has some set up stuff for texture painting in the next tutorial.

<iframe width=“640” height=“480” src=“http://www.youtube.com/embed/39TBNgPDteA” frameborder=“0” allowfullscreen></iframe>

ZBTut003ab-Texture Painting

Tutorial series 3 part 2 of my Painting within ZBrush tutorials. In this tut I will explain how to texture paint with the spotlight texture tool within ZBrush.

<iframe width=“640” height=“480” src=“http://www.youtube.com/embed/xaClzh9EgVc” frameborder=“0” allowfullscreen></iframe>

Also look for more tutorials coming soon for this series. Including Dyna Mesh.

Any suggestions would be most helpful, too, please leave a comment or write me and let me know what I could do differently or something that you would like me to make a tutorial on if I know it I will do so. Thank you for viewing!

Happy ZBrushing!!

As a new user of ZBrush, I really appreciate the time you took to put these up!

Welcome to ZBrush Central hope you enjoy it as much as I have.

Thanks so much for the Kind comment! Made my night. So glad you found them helpful.

Happy ZBrushing!:smiley:
<object type=“cosymantecnisbfw” cotype=“cs” id=“SILOBFWOBJECTID” style=“width: 0px; height: 0px; display: block;”></object>

More coming up shortly in a week or so give or take please be patient have been having a rough one lately and lot’s of stuff to take care of.\

I am putting subtitles to them and they will have CC too. The new ones won’t have any voice though. I am thinking music to keep people awake but not sure maybe make an audio track what you guys think?
I didn’t record them with sound this time but can make either a voice over or put a music track over it? What to do?

Tuts coming up…

1. My Extracting Techniques
  2. Special Tips and Tricks for Painting Fur and one on keeping the color on brushes.
    3 Topology Skirt Fill and some Tricks and Tips

By the way will also be updating my older ones too soon so that they also have Subtitles as well if people download them should have them then and may make better audio if I have time.

Take care everyone
Happy ZBrushing

<object type=“cosymantecnisbfw” cotype=“cs” id=“SILOBFWOBJECTID” style=“width: 0px; height: 0px; display: block;”></object>

Sorry about the delay. Had many things going on in my life and even had to resort to selling my ZBrush to make rent and help my husband with his surgery. But things are a bit better now and was able to get another ZBrush program.

Here’s a couple of the movies I promised to all of you.

these are from ZBrush 4+ they have no sound but I have made Closed Captions/ Subtitles for the hearing impaired and so that you could read it instead. I did this for 2 reasons it has been very difficult for me to hear with my hearing loss as time has gone on and it is very difficult even to hear myself these days. Also because it helps those that need it translated as well into another language. I also left music off of it because I figured not all like my music you could choose your own lol.

My Extracting Technique

This is how I made the Heavy Metal Robot (I will finish her one day) this is only about my extracting process for now.

[youtubehd]vPa3nK4CDyA[/youtubehd]

FiberClrWZProject

A Tip on How to Project PolyPaint from a Model to a FiberMesh using the ZProject Brush

[youtubehd]mlPefqAYf6E[/youtubehd]

I’m pretty new to zbrush and find it somewhat difficult and frustrating to learn it at times. But reading about your trials and tribulations makes me realize that it’s not about the program, but the spirit and diligence of the person using the application that makes the difference. I’m so sorry to hear about the immense challenges that you’re going through, and I hope that things are getting a bit better.
I’m moved and inspired by your commitment to share your insights and expand the capacity of this community in the face of such adversity.

Best of luck!

Thank you, as a beginner these are very helpful.

This is a very basic question. I modeled a face and created “holes” for the insertion of the eyes. I then went to the Lightbox>Tools to pick out the 3d Meshes>3D sphere to create an “eyeball”. Once added it appears in the Subtool folder under the main face. In trying to reduce it’s size, I am doing something incorrectly as I can’t move it or reduce it for placement without the face mesh moving or changing in the same manner. How do I only shrink the “eye” so I can place it and then hit mirror to make the equal and opposite eye?
Thank you.:slight_smile:

Thank you for posting how to videos with captioning! So much training is available online but is not captioned and automatic captioning is largely not worth looking at.

You do nice work.

So sorry for the late reply.

Oloyd - my goodness thank you so much for those kind words and wonderful comments. I did these movies to try and help others in their journey of 3D and ZBrush to also inspire one is the greatest thing I could ask for. People like you are the reason I did this and you inspire me as well. Lol I absolutley have passion when it comes to my favorite thing 3D in ZB. I believe we can all draw but it is the passion that drives us to learn and to try even through struggles is what makes a true artist… That and a crazy imagination lol. Wishing you the very best life has to offer and hope you find ZB as fun as I have.

GreyMan - I am so glad you found these tutorials helpful. Wishing you all the best and lots of fun in ZB. I hope to see some of your work one day.

SunPowerKidz - hmmm not sure if you have figured this out yet but I will give it a try.

1. Make sure you are in Edit Mode. If you don’t have the edit mode on and you select the scale it will give you a Gyro instead of a transform line. A Transform line is a yellow line with 3 circles on it. A Gyro is red green and blue and it is used for moving a tool around on the canvas, depth of the canvas, and rotation of the tool, this will move whole tool with all sub tools along with it and is used without the Edit Mode turned on.
  2. You have to select the move tool and draw out the transform tool or use the offset in the tool menu Deformation sub palette. You also need to be in Edit mode for this.
  3. You have to make sure that the sphere you are using for an eye is a Polymesh 3D object. If not try pushing the button when you have your sphere selected in the sub tools and the Make PolyMesh button can be found near top of your tool menu.

I will ill be doing a very small tutorial on how to mirror eyes with a trick very soon SunPowerKidz, it is one of the videos that is coming out very soon, it takes me a bit of time to do the CC and the tutorials. Good luck and I will PM you once I have that video up and running for you.

3DDuck - ZB is getting more and more of us I hope that one day they will change it and make sure CC is made. It is hard though since most of the videos on Pixologic site and here are made from many different artist so hard to get them all to do it. I will however be posting a video on how to make CC for tutorials and videos maybe they will follow it and make it a standard for all since it also helps a bit on translating it into different languages as well I believe. You should of heard the basic CC that YouTube makes for my videos it really doesn’t understand 3D or ZB lingo and words at all… Had me rolling with laughter when I first saw it oh my goodness it was so bad, it even thought I was cussing at one point. Best to fix it and I have a video about how to do that and saved you all the trials and problems you might run into.
Good luck to you and hope to see your work one day.

thank you all again for the kind words and letting me know I am on the right path. :slight_smile: More coming soon I promise.

Ahh, hello there, fellow hearing-impaired :slight_smile:

Thank you for those tutorials, I am excited to jump into zbrush after buying it today.

-Jonathan

Hi, thank you Seavannah, your tutorials are very helpful !

Hello Everyone,

Most likely this will be a simple question, but it drives my insane (as a newbie to ZBrush). I have a 4R7 version of ZBrush installed. In multiple video tutorials the new tool is being remeshed by initialized option. For example, the number of polygons on Y or X axis may be changed (similar to Maya Mesh options). However, I do not see these options in my Initialize submenu neither for a cube or a cylinder. Instead, XRes values, that do not make much sense to me yet… Can someone please explain how can I control the number of polygons on primitives when I start with the primitive…

I’ve tried ZRemesher - however, it remeshes the model based on P-Groups and borders… I need to have more control.

Thank you in advance.

With best regards.

Hi all, this is a really great tutorial, explained in a such easy and clearly manner. Keep sharing good work, mate. :+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1: