ZBrushCentral

Sérgio - Sketchbook

Hi,

My name is Sérgio. This is my sketchbook.

Hardsurface expert level is my goal in Zbrush, hope to get there one day.

Tips are really welcome, best regards sirs.

battroid_cockpit_macross_by_bamboo_learning-d2xxh2a.jpg

Attachments

macross__mbr_07_mk_ii_spartan_by_bamboo_learning-d2ycln7.jpg

hawken_3d_by_bamboo_learning-d488yrn.jpg

Well, Sérgio. It looks like you are off to a good start on your goal. Robotech has a lot of strong designs to practice with. I particularly like the third image you posted. The first two aren’t bad but not all that appealing. This is mainly because of very linear edges. They run along the axis with the occasional 45 degree angle. But I see you are very much up to experimentation so I say keep at it my good man! Good things in your future!

Thx for the comment Jerick,

I see your point, never saw it that way, the 45 degree angle. I’ll try to improve on that point! Thank you for increasing my art perspective if you see something else let me know.

Robotech is my favorite universe to explore, brings back childhood memories :slight_smile:

Based on an old Macross mecha design.

macross_saga_by_bamboo_learning-d4cxq6a.jpg

It’s my own design based on the styles from Macross super artists Kazutaka Miyatake and Shoji Kawamori and a bit inspiration from Patlabor.

Still needs tweaks etc:

macross.jpg

My new mecha is based on a cool mecha from Robotech…

I’m having some fun with shapes and forms on this one, torso/upperbody, backpack and head made from zero the rest are just tweaks.

robotech_by_bamboo_learning.jpg

thats some really nice and clean work:+1:
the first an the third image are my favorites:)

btw:
Hawken?
did you work on that game?
the first trailer totally blew my mind,
great arichtecture and enviroment !
there are trippleA productions that doesn’t look that good:+1:

Now this is right up my alley, I loved Robotech growing up. The models looks great, Id love to see your processes.

Very cool Mechs:D

gwainbarek: Thank you, the Hawken piece is fan art based on sketches made for the environment of that game. I didn’t work on that game tho. I agree with you on everything you said about that game, it’s looking real nice, art wise.

AA-ron: Thx. What would you like to see? I can try and do a video asap.

Betamax: Thank you! Glad you liked it. More to come!

Small update, had some fun with it.

Needs work on the pose and some tweaks.

macross-bamboo.jpg

My new Robotech/Macross piece, still needs tweaks.

valkyrie_bamboo-learning.jpg

Wow, that’s some pretty cool stuff. I like your style with this.

Reminds me of the old megazords from Power Rangers, I loved the designed of them things. Nice one man.

ChristophS: Thx for the nice comment, really means a lot.

liamlaze: I see what you mean, those are also some cool designs, mecha wise. Thx for taking the time to comment.

Nice work !

I particulary appreciate your meca because i find that hard surface is not the easiest find to do in Zbrsuh :slight_smile: .

It’s 100% done in Zbrush, so thank you really for the nice comment.

Small update:

Needs work still but so far this is it.

Valkyrie-bamboo.jpg

An older render of the Battroid “Kpit” I did in Zbrush:

battroid_cockpit__robotech_by_bamboo_learning-d2xgtym.jpg

I find the hard surface as the most complex thing to master in Zbrush and you do really good work. Keep playing with render materials and maybe some photoshop, you can only improve. The meshes are already excellent. :slight_smile: