ZBrushCentral

ZBrush Interview: Henk

[attach=235878]Banner.jpg[/attach]

It’s time for another interview!

This time around we’re taking a departure from movies and computer games to bring you a spotlight on illustration! Olivier Thill and Benjamin Alcover are hard at work on a graphic novel created and rendered entirely with ZBrush and Photoshop.

Some of you have seen their work posted here at ZBC before. (If you haven’t, be sure to click the link to their thread, which is found in the interview.) Now we get to go into much greater detail as we talk about how ZBrush is being used for this groundbreaking project, how they get a cell shader style of render from ZBrush, and much more!

Click HERE for the Interview

Here’s a sampler of the many images that you’ll find. You can view them in high resolution from the interview pages.

[attach=235880]ZBC1.jpg[/attach]
[attach=235882]ZBC2.jpg[/attach]

We want to extend a hearty thank you to Benjamin and Olivier for taking time out of their VERY busy schedules to speak with us and share their ZBrush insights and techniques!

Use this thread to discuss the interview!

Be sure to also check out our many past interviews, which can be found in the ZBrush Artist Interviews forum and the User Stories page at the Pixologic website.

[attach=235885]Icon.jpg[/attach]

Attachments

Banner.jpg

ZBC1.jpg

ZBC2.jpg

Icon.jpg

Yoohoooooo … Fantastic work!! and thanks for the interview… :+1: :slight_smile:

This will be an interesting read, thanks :slight_smile:

Thanks a bunch for this insightful interview :slight_smile:

… Still looking forward to (and hoping) this comic comes to the states when it’s finished!

happy to see this kind of 3Dwork getting featured.
as many already said, this must be the future of comics, very well done
:+1:

I’ve been waiting to see an update from you guys! Can’t wait to read this… and I’m looking forward to purchasing the comic book! You guys are truly inspirational…

Slight clerical error with the names and where are they from, but thats tit 4 tat,
its one of the best threads ive been following in some time, if not all my time at ZBC, thanks for the insight of these talented artists, SUPER COOL!

so badass :+1:

The look they’ve achieved is really amazing. I hope they get a publisher, and I hope the comic turns out great! Good luck guys :slight_smile:

best interview yet imo. great job!

Mind-blowing works guys! J’ai trop hate d’avoir votre BD dans les mains! :slight_smile: Courage!!! Ca va déchirer! :slight_smile:

Just wanted to give my support for the work these two have done. A lot of the work they featured in their thread went into my inspiration folder. It’s always great to see that there is a fresh way to approach using a tool beyond the sometimes narrow scope we use it for.

double thumbs up :+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:
congratulation to zbrush! now zbrush can made movie, sculpture, toy, game and comics!:sunglasses:

Awesome stuff! I really enjoyed reading the interview. It made me wonder if Heavy Metal might ever do this with their comics, that would be quite crazy. :lol:

That comics looking pretty damn good

Hey!

Great interview. I have been following their thread before it got to be top row. I also am doing a comic using Zbrush and photoshop. I finished Issue 1 a while back and am working on issue 2 and 3 now:

http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthread.php?t=100530&highlight=angelic

I will definitely be checking out the the materials and incorporate.

Thanks

Great interview!Please…show us more of this awesome comic book. badass characters.:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

Great work guys, thanks for taking the time to do the interview :sunglasses: :+1:

Thanks a lot for the support.
Luxo.