ZBrushCentral

dAnconia's Sketchpad

Heres some views of a guy im working on. There are some form problems but i have been sculpting on it way too long to notice what the problems are.

C and C is most welcome

[BV1.jpg]sv1.jpg

Attachments

cu1.jpg

FV1.jpg

[sv2.jpg]

Looks cool. Are going for a stilized look.

Thanks Vlad. Im trying to go for a stylized look. There just seems to be something wrong with it. Not sure what it is yet.

[cu1.jpg]sv1.jpg

Attachments

FV1.jpg

sv2.jpg

Dang! Can A Brother Get An Anatomy Critique?

Getting there… feeling kina like Disney’s Hercules? Where the anatomy is very stylized.

Right off the fingers feels too small and seperated. The last picture illustrates it the most where you can see the two fingers connect to the hand there is a round swoop inbetween them. Use more reference for the hands.

When the left arm is out like the the chest should be more streched on his left side. While the right side of the chest should have a lil bit more curve. The chest itself feels very flat.

Your pose reminds me of a few things here are the links to the images. They are pretty big and I found them with google images.
Discus Thrower LINKJavelin Thrower LINKHulk Hogan 01 LINK
Hulk Hogan 02 LINK

Your pose reminds me the most of Hulk Hogan in his golden years. It was hard to find but I did find the two pics of him… that I thought were the best.

Hope this helps.

WHOA WHOA WHOA! Thanks man. HAHAHA this in no way is going to be Hulk Hogan hahaha! Those pics will help tremendously though.

The character will be shooting an arrow into the sky while riding a dinosaur. Thats the reason he has the pose that he does right now.

Thanks so much Guy

Oh yeah I know what your talking about. But use that pic for some reference.

Sorry for the overload. I was feeling bad that so many posts get lost in this dust storm (like mine :cry: ) That I should add like a whole dollar instead of my two cents.

Trust me, i appreciate you homes! Critiques help everyone to be a better artist. I consider it more of a collaboration. This piece will now be so much better because of your help.

Gonna work on the dinosaur tonight. Hopefully have something posted later on tonight.

Here is one of the arms. Haven’t scaled it yet. I like where this one is going. I am not trying to make this a scientifically accurate dino. Anyone can do that :smiley:

[DV.jpg]dv2.jpg

Attachments

DV1.jpg

Worked another hour or so. I think im going to stop very soon with the detail and move on.

I need help with scales. Specifically how to get a consistent scale pattern on the body. I have tried alphas and stencils and it just never looks good.

Any links would be helpful.

[DV1.jpg]dv2.jpg

Attachments

DV.jpg

Here is a rough comp of the scene. Im sure someone will recognize its origin.
Im focusing most on creating motion. There are still some rocks that will be floating in the air to sell that feeling that need to be created.

Still have woman, flying reptiles, bow and arrow, and cliff in the background to make. Its going to be soooooo fun!!! Im really excited about this one!

The human legs needs to be worked on and the dino needs a lot of textures.

If anyone has Alphas that they love to use and would like to share then please do so. Others will benefit as well.

Crits and Comms are definitely on! Let me know what you think.

[Comp1.jpg]Comp3.jpg

Attachments

Comp2.jpg

[Comp4.jpg]Comps.jpg

i think it’s a good start and from this distance it looks nice allready!
the tail looks too smooth and the scales look goofy in my opinion, on your guy many things can be hidden through the distance and thats totally fine
but he looks too stiff up there and his head/neck look a bit displaced his chest, abdominals and stomach are missing volume, i like the arms of the beast on the previous pictures they looked really lumpy something what you should try to avoid, hope that helps - keep going!

Thanks yo!! I appreciate all that. I got some alphas to roughen up the skin on the dino. The guy i still have to finalize his pose. Itll be done soon.

Thanks for the crit!

I like it. Good work. It is gonna be a great one. I am sure.

Some crits. Dont subdivide too much before you got the base right. The muscles of the beast need more definition. The back legs need to be a bit thicker. Another thing- now it looks like the best is smiling a bit. This is because of the size of the cheeks. Remove some fat from there. Also the shape of the eyes need to changed slightly. Make them more serous. And again go down your levels and define the forms better.

I am really liking this sculpt!! Very satisfied with what i have done, and even more excited about what i have left to get done.

This has been the funniest project so far and cant wait to see it done!!

C and C is cool with me!!

[Comp1.jpg]Comp2.jpg

interesting peice, altohugh i’d pay more attention to the anatomy before you worry about the pose and detail. You should sculpt both of the figures in a “T” pose up to a certain point, then transpose them and alter the anatomy accordingly(muscle strains, tension) After you have all the proper forms defined you then go in and add the accents where neccessacry. Focus on nailing down a proper workflow. These few pointers are essential if you ever plan on getting serious with character art. Good luck.:cool:

cheers

Started over on Jongo. Only on level 2 right now.

Anatomy Crits are welcome!!!

[cu1.jpg]