ZBrushCentral

The Enchanting Shadow

The Enchanting Shadow

Hi, Zbrushers! I’m very pleased to join this great family.
It’s been a long time since I posted it and this is my latest piece.

The role models are basically completed in Zbrush and the scene models are manufactured with high precision in Zbrush. It’s great to have this personal work done with the help of Zbrush.

The work is inspired by Pu Songling’s stories collection: Strange Tales of Liaozhai, Nie Xiaoqian.

Nie Xiaoqian is a ghost story of Pu Songling’s classical Chinese short stories collection “Strange Tales of Liaozhai” and it is in the volume II. The novel mainly tells a sad and beautiful love story between the female ghost Nie Xiaoqian and scholar Ning Caichen.

Nie Xiaoqian was a beatiful female ghost, she died when she was only 18 years old. She was buried in a desolate temple that was located in north of Jinhua, Zhejiang after her death. Unfortunately, she was intimidated by the monster Yasha to harm people. Later, Ning Caizhen who came from Zhejiang lived in the temple temporarily. Nie Xiaoqian came to harm Caichen instructed by monster, but she was moved by his righteousness. She told Caichen truth and helped him out of the crisis. Caichen also didn’t let Xiaoqian down and helped her out of the monster’s control. What’s more, Caichen adopted Xiaoqian to take care of his mother and ailing wife. Xiaoqian was diligent and kind. Furthermore, she was also very popular with the Ning’s. Since Xiaoqian contacted with living people for a long time, she gradually behaved like a normal people. The Ning’s never said a single word about Xiaoqian’s identity. After dying of an illness of Ning Caichen’s wife, Xiaoqian married Ning Caichen. Later, Xiaoqian gave Caichen directions to wipe out the Jinghua monster who came to revenge. After several years, Ning Caichen successfully became a Jinshies and Xiaoqian gave birth a son. Ning Caichen also married a concubine. Xiaoqian and the concubine gave birth a son respectivelly, and these three sons all became famous person after growing up.

I would be very appreciated if you like my work.

The used softwares: Zbrush, Maya, Unfold3D, Mari, Marvelous Designer, Substance-Painter, Plant Producer, Ivy-generator, Redshift, Nuke

Attachments

Awsome lighting and detail. great job man~;)

Very nice.!
Top Row for you. :+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

Awesome work , really compliments!

awesome work. thanks for sharing. wow, i love it.

Oh wow, that is really pretty.
The image tells a great story alright.

Amazing work ! I love it ! thanks for sharing:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

NCCA.jpghttps://www.artstation.com/artist/shendechenmo

Attachments

NCCA.jpg

1 Like

Are you kidding me? That’s amazing! My head hurts thinking how much work must have gone into this.

Congratulations on the accomplishment!

i like it good job:+1: top row

Congrats on the top row!!:+1:

Awesome though. Congratulations.

…dynamic! :sunglasses:

The way it came out is just awesome. Congz for the Top Row.

Thank you for your love

Great work! The pictoral composition is also very well planned!
Cheers,
Selwy

Love the mood and tone!

Great work man, congratulations!!, how much time do you spend on this??

OMG! Awesome work!!!

About three months