New Member Follow User Gallery

Default Roli's Sketchbook

Hey guys !

This is my very first post on the forum, I normally just take the time to look the amazing galleries.

Hope you like it ! Cheers...

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

good job

Hello Roli,

I do like it. All the fine detail is expertly crafted, but I am less convinced by the figure's pose and by the render. Why the raised foot? The forearms don't meet the upper arms at the elbows in a completely convincing fashion; and the posing of the fingers needs a good deal more work to make them look natural and to indicate the right amount of weight being placed on the left hand as it is supported by the cane.

Of course, the lighting style has been chosen to pick out every little detail of the model and is clearly not a final beauty shot, but you might have looked at the way the face is so unflatteringly up-lit: it makes her look almost double-chinned. The ambient occlusion gives her that alluring, Heian Period, black-toothed smile, which would look great on a geisha, but is out of place here.

I hope I'm not being too harsh; overall I like it!

Rory

New Member Follow User Gallery

thanks for the comments

@Rory
    English isn’t my first language, so please excuse any mistakes. You're not too harsh, you're just honest and that's a good thing.
    Posing is definitely not one of my strengths. That was also the first time that I have used Transposemaster. I still need some practice. You've addressed those things I am aware - you've got me there!

Next time it will be better - promised. Thank you for your constructive words...

Best Wishes
    Roli

Its charming, the design you chose and implemented. Just a nice well thought about cultural fashion.

Great work)