Hi All!

Five o’clock tea
This model is made for CNC

I hope you enjoy

Attachments

W-G.jpg

very well done.keep it up.;);):wink:

like hair and cloth line,

Lovely cloth sculpting - any tips? What brushes, any special settings?

Hi All!

Diablo, thank you very much!

Masart, thanks for the nice words!

Nagulov,
nothing unusual, friend
Use standard brushes ZBrush and DynaMesh

Brush.jpg

This is another model for CNC

N-01.jpg

Here, the manufacturing process, after CNC. Made of oak

A-01.jpgA-02.jpgA-03.jpgA-04.jpg

I hope you enjoy!

WOW! How tall is the final piece?

LinneMitchell,
is the total height

size.jpg

will still flower vase - height 300 mm

Andrei Poddubny Looks Great, if I may ask, what sort of CNC Machine are you using? and how many Axis 3, 4 or 5

Very interesting line…

Ziggy

more update and shot plz, also about cnc.

Hello, Sigmund Hentze!

I want to express great respect your work, it is impressive.

Me and my friend use the simplest CNC

look at the bottom;)…

Angel.jpg

Ok! Really, we use a conventional 3 axis CNC,

working area 1000x650 mm

Watch

CNC.jpg

BUT !!!
One day came a good idea that we were able to implement and make 3 axis machine sculpture without buying a 4th axis (expensive). The result exceeded all expectations and now we can do 3d model (I think it will be more) of 500 mm in diameter !!!

Time for manufacturing is increasing, but it’s worth it!
In the end, we do exclusive things and the result is important.

Sorry for my bad english.

For the response and your English is no problem.

What still baffles me is how are you creating a 4 Axis effect on a flat 3 Axis CNC router, I would assume slicing and then joining the pieces later, but your wood seems to be one piece… or maybe your skills are of a very high standard…

Would love to purchase a CNC machine after I purchase my 3D Printer (Form 1) as in a small country like Namibia I need to diversify my skills to survive, but my survival is focused on using ZBrush as a solution and the applying as many opportunities this package can generate to a positive income and of course enjoying…

As someone somewhere said " find a job you enjoy and you’ll never have to work another day" I am to do so and have achieved 60% of this goal, the other 40% would maybe come in the form of equipment to reach a 100% status…

Thus I am trying to pick your brain…

Thanks Ziggy

Ok, Ziggy.

I’ll share my modest experience in wood carving CNC

I’ll start with the disadvantages CNC. They have the limitation of motion of the spindle axis Z to the surface on the desktop.
This prevents a large volume dial details.
Our solution was so - remove the desktop. It was the right decision and allowed the model to increase the thickness of the width of our machine.

Look at this.

scheme.jpg

Now you can rotate the model.
raise and lower. For this device can make any turner.

Now I think the basic idea is clear.
Everything is simple.:wink:

…so you’re still limited by the Z axis travel correct?
You’re just giving more room for the stock instead of going above the cutting bed which is where a typical 4th axis would mount to.

…so if you have, for example, 5 inches of travel in Z then you still have that limit but can work with bigger stock is all. It’s a nice approach to cutting bigger stock, have seen others set up this way to cut bigger stock.

• I have a CNC build in progress and plan on adding a 4th axis down the line as well

…If the spindle travel, for example, 100 mm,
material thickness of 50 mm, quietly cut to 0.
Next, glue the new material thickness of 50 mm to the already carved relief, move the model down to 50 mm, and cut again.
This is repeated the necessary number until there is a desired thickness

Previously tried to cut layers and then these layers are glued together - turned out badly - it is difficult to glue relief
Now the bonding quality and seams virtually invisible - you can define only by the texture of the wood.

example.jpg

wow…okay…that seems like a lot of work with no rotary axis.
So how did you do all sides of it…since you’re just doing slices? You did half of the entire model that way and then flipped it over to do the other half??
There are a lot of concave areas…so i guess it wouldn’t work that way…just curious how you achieved the entire thing like that?
A quick diagram of the slicing you did?? or pictures of the process??
thanks

… and here’s the trick is - we have a rotary axis, but the turn is done manually at any desired angle. For this we use an electronic protractor.
The program prescribes the only place to be processed.

Ok. I will prepare the basic principle of work in pictures.
Just take some time

okay thanks…that makes a little more sense to me…still sounds complicated to get it all setup correctly

This is very interesting and will gladly like to see the new diagrams…

Maybe a video one day?

Ziggy

HI All!

I want to share their experiences

I use Zbrush to create models for carving CNC.

Some time ago we implemented the idea of 3D carving on 3 axis machine CNC.
You can see the working principle.

Step-1.jpgStep-2.jpgStep-3.jpgStep-4.jpgStep-5.jpg

I hope that it is clear and you will enjoy.

Attachments

Finish.jpg

Thank you for the detailed explanation…great job.

Looking at Step 5 i’m still confused how you achieved the under cut details?
So you moved it down, glued on a new layer, cut one pass, rotate 90 and then rotate -90 to get all of the details the rotate 180 and do the other side?