ZBrushCentral

Time to get my Artist on after 8 years away

Been 8 years since I sculpted in zbrush and outta no where I just got this motivation to start using it again. Been feeling like Iv been making “art” just to pay the bills. Its the first time in a long time Iv felt like Im becoming a better artist again.

Iv been back in it for 3 weeks now and this is what Iv gotten so far. Im really happy my game work ability has translated so well in zbrush…though I dont hold a candle to most of the work on here now. I still havent gotten into texturing, materials, or rendering yet, I want to be 100% comfy with the sculpting aspect before I dive into that. My hope is that I can start using zbrush as my primary modeling and texturing software within the next month or two. Im also still trying to find the best work flow for painting and working with multiple meshes…excuses excuses

The work on this site just blows me away! I know my work isnt super fancy…yet :slight_smile: but comments and criticism are definitely wanted.

Attachments

Zbrush_head_013_1.jpg

Zbrush_head_011.jpg

Zbrush_head_011_1.jpg

Zbrush_head_012.jpg

Zbrush_head_013.jpg

Zbrush_head_012.jpg

robotarm2.jpg

bracer on my character
bracer.jpg
quick sculpt before bed last night
Zbrush_head_017.jpg

Attachments

bracer.jpg

started an anatomy study for the first time…EVER. Iv been training for 10 years in the gym and its funny how it translates into my sculpting. I care more about the upperbody then the lower hah. That has to change now

last update on this guy until I finish the boot, fake leg, tools, and whatever hes got going on on his back where the wires lead. Oh and heres the concept Iv been using

Booooot!

Attachments

fsdfds.jpg

great works man.especially that dragon.waiting for the finished one of your character.GOOD LUCK.;);):wink:

quick sculpt before bed…very incomplete but it was to cute not to do it :smiley:
cub.jpg

thx Diablo…I need all the luck I can get :smiley: Im loving being back in Zbrush

If you teach a course right now I’m so going to apply.

ha,ha, your dragon is awesome!

you wouldnt dare want to learn from me Panu, Im only a full 4 weeks into learning it myself, I would be horrible to learn from :smiley: Confuse the hell out of ya.

Havent had a lot of time in zbrush this week but I got a little bit in during the AM. Got a bit more done on my anatomy study as well

probably as far as Ill go with the texturing
ZBrush Documfent.jpg

decided to take the full character and just focus on the bust…I made quite a few mistakes and I have no intention of turning him into a game character. Ill probably texture the head as well once the sculpt is done :slight_smile:

head2.jpg

played around with fibermesh and added new materials to his eyes, nothing crazy

I think I may just be done with this guy…first time messing with rendering a bit, did a few things I couldnt figure out how to undo and just rolled with it :smiley:

been working on this guy here and there for the last week. This will be my official first FULL character, hes got armor, weapons, cloth, and fur…getting a bit of everything in there. I just started the second round of detail
on his chest and abdominal area. The rest of the body hasnt gone beyond the forming of the muscles. Theres a lot of changes coming

update on the head…still need to finish the face armor but I think Im calling the skin done
head.jpg

little update on the head dress…its still a wip
ang1.jpg
ang2.jpg

great pose and details. Sick scars. I can’t wait to see more. I think we never truely forget our skills no matter how long it’s been since it’s been a life experience. Can’t wait for more updates. Cheers!

Post often, reply. Help others and give back to the community, this is how zbrushcentral will stay alive.
http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthread.php?88496-criptus-wip&p=1109464#post1109464- ZBC Thread
http://micahmyerov.com/portfolio/ - Portfolio
https://vimeo.com/103362994 - Demo Reel 2014